ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

866A Rectifier & Majestic Spray Shielded tubes

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

866A Rectifier & Majestic Spray Shielded tubes  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 866A Rectifier & Majestic Spray Shielded tubes    866A Rectifier & Majestic Spray Shielded tubes  I_icon_minitimeAugust 10th 2018, 6:32 am

This MAY be Moved over to our For sale forum if that is the intention.????

Technician
Technician
Rod Clay

PostSubject: Re: 866A Rectifier & Majestic Spray Shielded tubes    866A Rectifier & Majestic Spray Shielded tubes  I_icon_minitimeAugust 9th 2018, 10:53 pm

I have a pair of Majestic G-58-S tubes. These tested ok-not up to new ratings but should be useable tubes (85% of new rating). I have one Sylvania 55 with external shield for use in Majestic sets. This tube tests very strong-like new. The (2) 866A tubes are used and I am not sure of their condition. I don't have test settings for these tubes at present and my tester is not really setup for connecting to plate caps. It does give settings for testing 807 tubes though. Well, I did try the 866 tubes one at a time on filament only. One responded normally at it heated up like most MV rectifier tubes do. It is probably OK. The other did not respond to heating so it is probably bad-it has that look to it. I'd say it is just good for reuse of the (4) pin base. I also have (1) 836 tube. It is a high vacuum HV rectifier that can be used in some 866A applications at more moderate plate voltages. 73, Rod  N4QNX
Back to top Go down
Dan Walker
Senior Member 75+ Posts
Senior Member 75+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: 866A Rectifier & Majestic Spray Shielded tubes    866A Rectifier & Majestic Spray Shielded tubes  I_icon_minitimeAugust 6th 2018, 7:48 am

Are these tubes  Rogers or Majestic. and what are the numbers of the tubes?
   I am interested in a few  Rogers spray shield tubes.
 Dan in Calgary.
Back to top Go down
Rod Clay
Technician
Technician
Rod Clay

PostSubject: 866A Rectifier & Majestic Spray Shielded tubes    866A Rectifier & Majestic Spray Shielded tubes  I_icon_minitimeAugust 5th 2018, 1:57 pm

I wonder if there is any interest out there for a few 866A rectifier tubes for vintage radio transmitter power supplies? Also, I have a few Majestic spray shielded receiving tubes on hand. I would only want a nominal amount plus a bit for shipping. Thanks. 73, Rod  N4QNX
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 866A Rectifier & Majestic Spray Shielded tubes    866A Rectifier & Majestic Spray Shielded tubes  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

866A Rectifier & Majestic Spray Shielded tubes
Page 1 of 1