ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

New Display Case..........

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ve1arn
ve1arn

New Display Case.......... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Display Case..........   New Display Case.......... I_icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2018, 7:05 am

Eliot Ness wrote:
Last Christmas Sam's Club had a 5 pack of remote controlled lights pretty cheap, so I bought them and used one in a curio cabinet where the wife has a Nativity scene.  I didn't use the color function too much, but liked the idea of being able to dim the display, maybe they would work for you (Amazon has them now):

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Thanks for the link. I just checked it out on the Amazon Canada site and they are CAN$46.45. That's pre taxes and shipping. I only paid $40 for the case, so I think I'll shop around. They are nice lights though and I do like the remote option of them. So, that gives me something to look for. Smile
Back to top Go down
MEZLAW
Technician
Technician
MEZLAW

PostSubject: Re: New Display Case..........   New Display Case.......... I_icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2018, 6:38 am

fabulous!
Back to top Go down
Eliot Ness
Beginning Member
Eliot Ness

PostSubject: Re: New Display Case..........   New Display Case.......... I_icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2018, 5:46 am

ve1arn wrote:

.......A couple of pieces of birch plywood and a few logos ironed on from the laser printer did the job.

That was a great idea, I would never have thought of making iron-on logos!  And that case will be great to display those small "dust collectors". 

Last Christmas Sam's Club had a 5 pack of remote controlled lights pretty cheap, so I bought them and used one in a curio cabinet where the wife has a Nativity scene.  I didn't use the color function too much, but liked the idea of being able to dim the display, maybe they would work for you (Amazon has them now):

Back to top Go down
19&41
Technician
Technician
19&41

PostSubject: Re: New Display Case..........   New Display Case.......... I_icon_minitimeAugust 30th 2018, 4:08 pm

Now, that's original!

ve1arn
ve1arn

PostSubject: Re: New Display Case..........   New Display Case.......... I_icon_minitimeAugust 30th 2018, 3:00 pm

Found a way to hide the brand names of the watches that the display case was made for. Not the cleanest job in the world, but for now anyway, I kinda like the old worn out impression it gives.

A couple of pieces of birch plywood and a few logos ironed on from the laser printer did the job.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
19&41
Technician
Technician
19&41

PostSubject: Re: New Display Case..........   New Display Case.......... I_icon_minitimeAugust 27th 2018, 5:51 pm

This place is pretty inexpensive and has a few ideas for lighting.

ve1arn
ve1arn

PostSubject: Re: New Display Case..........   New Display Case.......... I_icon_minitimeAugust 27th 2018, 5:17 pm

No room for a spot light where I have it now. However, I have thought maybe a small string of led lights at each shelf maybe?
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

PostSubject: Re: New Display Case..........   New Display Case.......... I_icon_minitimeAugust 27th 2018, 5:10 pm

off to a Good start, Put a spotlight above it will really make it standout.

ve1arn

PostSubject: New Display Case..........   New Display Case.......... I_icon_minitimeAugust 27th 2018, 9:53 am

Hi all!

Managed to pick up a used display case for $40 a few months ago. Thought it would be a neat way to display some of my smaller items in my collection  (dust collectors). Smile  It's on a lazy susan and rotates 360 degrees either way.

Gonna go through some of my photos and see what I can come up with to cover up the watch brand at the top.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Display Case..........   New Display Case.......... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Display Case..........
Page 1 of 1