ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

Cleaning up and clearing out!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ve1arn
ve1arn

Cleaning up and clearing out!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleaning up and clearing out!    Cleaning up and clearing out!  I_icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2018, 9:32 am

It's a very slow process here Mez.

Been going through a bunch of older circuit boards that had some Germanium components on them. Once I get the parts off the board, they are gonna be heading for the recycle depot along with the remnants of 4 older laptops I had around. They weren't that old, but had motherboard issues. I saved the DVD burners, RAM and small fans out of them. We had a table at one of the last non ham radio type flea markets we had here last Summer, and just for fun, I brought along 6 DVD burners I removed from dead laptops and was able to get $5 a piece for them all. Gonna see if I have that kinda luck again. Smile

My partner and I are starting to go through our stuff as well. While we're not hoarders, we do seem to pack rat stuff so it's going, but quite slow.
Back to top Go down
MEZLAW
Technician
Technician
MEZLAW

Cleaning up and clearing out!  Empty
PostSubject: Cleaning up and clearing out!    Cleaning up and clearing out!  I_icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2018, 8:38 am

I don't know about the rest of you but I'm more than ready to de-clutter my life!   I can only play with so many radios!  I have taken a few which do not seem to appeal to anyone and scrapped them.  Also cleaning out many electronic parts, but most relate to telephony.  I had a young boy come and fill his van 3 times with old telephone circuit boards and I've taken two truck (ranger) loads to the dumpster.  My friend had to PAY  $30 to dump a CRT television!  I still do not have to pay for dumping at the other home which is in a different county.  Who else is getting rid of their junk?
Back to top Go down

Cleaning up and clearing out!
Page 1 of 1