ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  FAQFAQ  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  
Can't Log In?: 1st. thing is to clean out your cookies. if that doesn't work , click on Contact field.
(registration and/or Login Help ONLY) For other questions go to our FAQs link above.

Share | 

Been Sick for some time

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostSubject: Been Sick for some time   October 19th 2018, 10:03 am

I finally had to go to the Hospital Tuesday morning about 5AM because I was so miserable. I have a urinary tract infection, boy you want to talk about pain and misery.
The doctors concluded that this has been going on for some time. I wondered why I was lethargic and not feeling good. Of course getting dehydrated because i didn't feel like eating or drinking may have been a factor.

I knew something was wrong when I was stumbling trying to get to the bathroom. I see the doctor this afternoon. I am currently on a antibiotic I take 4 times a day for7 days.
That's why I have been offline. Just too miserable. Feeling better each day somewhat. Still am having pain so the doctor will know about that in no uncertain terms.

Member 25+ posts
Member 25+ posts

PostSubject: Re: Been Sick for some time   October 19th 2018, 11:31 am

Sorry to hear that Cliff. I too had to go in to the ER last month on the 22nd. First time I had gone to the emergency room for myself in 40 years. It was the day of our Salmon Festival here and I had to miss most of it. I had been having pain in my jaw off and on for some time. A trip to the dentist back in the spring and early summer was no help. Well, as you said, it got so bad that I just had to go in. Glad to know you are getting better.
Rod
Back to top Go down
chas
Junior Member 50+ Posts
Junior Member 50+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Been Sick for some time   October 19th 2018, 7:38 pm

My cat, a tuxedo named Henry, picked up a UTI late last week. He is a vocal cat but really got noisy. Doing the toilet every 5 minutes then he looked at me, and went to the corner where we have a clear floor mat. He peed pink, looked at it and meowed at us. So it was off to the Vet... Well the vet couldn't get a sample for bacteria and sent us home with a cortizone melt based on a known seasonal cat disorder related to the shortening of the day.

Well Henry was not happy, he then peed on the tile floor bright red, and scooted on the rug, off to the emergency vet some 25 miles away at 10:00 at night. They had trouble getting a sample too, but it was enough, the Vet identified two types of bacteria and put him on a specific drug. By morning he was better, getting the drug once a day, a liquid via eyedropper.

So Henry has always been plagued with congestion in the nose. It had gotten really bad during the UTI episode, off to the Vet a third time. Now he has gotten a course with Clavamox. Twice a day, in fact I have to mix the drug after this post for the second course. Yes, his sniffles and sneezing are getting better, UTI has passed. Another 10 days on Clavamox his congestion should clear.

Be well Cliff,

Chas
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Been Sick for some time   October 20th 2018, 2:38 pm

I think one thing that can cause U.T.S is dehydration, I was taught this in a series of Care Givers Classes sponsored by DSHS. My wife at one time was taken to the hospital Emergency for Gall Bladder surgery and in recovery she stared to try and grasp things in midair that weren't there. This really had me concerned so I mentioned to the staff. She had an MRI done and other exams, they were stymied.
They thought it might have been Narcotics but ruled that out. Then there was a Nurse that said was She dehydrated before She came in? I didn't know. But I mentioned about that one of the signs is acting strange I was taught in care-giving. Of course She was on Saline solution after the surgery.
So they kept Her on it for a while longer and that seemed to Help.

Technician
Technician

PostSubject: Re: Been Sick for some time   October 21st 2018, 9:48 am

Sorry to hear of your illness, Cliff.  I have had a few UTI's, too.  I was told to take plenty of fluids, including cranberry juice.  I was just checking in after being down with the flu for several days, and acquiring a skin infection while in bed.  If your mouth becomes irritated from the antibiotics, try Colgate Peroxyl mouth wash.  It helps.

ve1arn

PostSubject: Re: Been Sick for some time   October 21st 2018, 5:06 pm

This has to be something going around everywhere Cliff. Been a month of discomfort here as well. Four weeks ago, started passing blood in my urine. Out patients told me I had a bladder infection. Five days of antibiotics took care of that, or so I thought. Two weeks later, the old prostate clamped shut and it was back to the hospital. Catheter in for 3 days. It's been so far, so good since and hope it stays that way.

Glad to hear you're looking into it. Too many times we put off things and it only gets worse. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
MEZLAW
Senior Member 75+ Posts
Senior Member 75+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Been Sick for some time   October 21st 2018, 6:35 pm

Sorry to hear about your illness, but I'm glad you are on the mend.
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Been Sick for some time   October 21st 2018, 6:38 pm

ME TOO Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Been Sick for some time   October 26th 2018, 4:33 pm

Glad to hear you're on the mend as well Cliff.

As for me, I spoke too soon in my last post. Had to get the catheter put back in again this past Monday. And, to top it off, I got an infection from the catheter as well. Talk about sore down there! Grrrr!  Rolling Eyes It's out now and I'm waiting for a call from a urologist for an appointment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Been Sick for some time   

Back to top Go down

Been Sick for some time
Page 1 of 1