ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

Hit the salvage stores and the yard sales today...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
FrankB
FrankB

Hit the salvage stores and the yard sales today... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hit the salvage stores and the yard sales today...   Hit the salvage stores and the yard sales today... I_icon_minitimeJuly 24th 2019, 8:30 pm

Great score. Box of 6SN7 tubes, used & untested, an old Supreme Radio analyzer with manual (!),
a couple of more boxes of tubes, boxes of parts, a nice box of asstd APC style caps, a small wooden table radio- intact!, some really old, 1938 Sylvania Shop Notes and an older Radiocraft pub., several Heathkit manuals, a freebie bag of NOS rca-rca stereo cables, all NEW! 2 EICO scopes at the auction. 1 was "dead" . Well, if you set the front panel controls correctly, it worked OK. Both need recapping, as traces are not correct. (Not sure if I will scrap them out or keep them).
 Sadly, my knee was hurting too bad to stay for finish of auction & drawing.
 Good Hamfair.  NOTE: More sellers this year than I have ever seen before.
Nice asst of stuff. Not too much in the way of antique parts though.
Back to top Go down
19&41
Technician
Technician
19&41

PostSubject: Re: Hit the salvage stores and the yard sales today...   Hit the salvage stores and the yard sales today... I_icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2019, 5:44 am

That Consol-Tone looks mighty clean inside.  Nice catches!

ve1arn
ve1arn

PostSubject: Re: Hit the salvage stores and the yard sales today...   Hit the salvage stores and the yard sales today... I_icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2019, 2:55 am

Good luck Frank! If you score big, make sure you rub it................ I mean tell us all about it. Very Happy Wink
Back to top Go down
FrankB
FrankB

PostSubject: Re: Hit the salvage stores and the yard sales today...   Hit the salvage stores and the yard sales today... I_icon_minitimeJuly 15th 2019, 8:57 pm

Going to the Chehalis hamfair Sat. Hope I can score big and no rain
Back to top Go down
ve1arn
ve1arn

PostSubject: Re: Hit the salvage stores and the yard sales today...   Hit the salvage stores and the yard sales today... I_icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2019, 4:13 am

Good morning all.

Chas, I was quite pleased with the haul since this doesn't happen a lot in this area. There were 2 others I looked at, a Westinghouse wood cabinet that had 2 of the 4 knobs missing and another one with no markings as to make that was in even worse condition and the salvage place wanted over $30.00 for each of them.

As for the book fair? WOW!! Shocked My partner and I are both book nuts. I showed her the photos on the web site you linked, and we both agree that we could get lost in thee for the entire run of the fair! We have a fair sized library and now that our new place has more than enough space, we plan on adding a decent amount of shelving to accommodate our collection as we fix the studio up.

Frank, cool on the prices of the belts. I figured they would be worth at least a couple of bucks each anyway. As for the tubes, I figured the 6LQ6's were worth the $20 chance even though there's no name brand on them. The only markings are pretty much the same as what's on the box. "Original Equipment" and "Electronic Tube". Chinese or Russian maybe?

The only ham market we have coming up is in October. We have only 2 in Nova Scotia. One in the Spring and one Fall one. I missed the Spring one for the second time in a row this year. I am not missing this one.
Back to top Go down
FrankB
FrankB

PostSubject: Re: Hit the salvage stores and the yard sales today...   Hit the salvage stores and the yard sales today... I_icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2019, 8:55 pm

Excellent haul. Those belts go for $5.00 & up each/
 That is a really classic radio too.
 Have a hamfair coming up soon here. Can't wait
Back to top Go down
chas
Technician
Technician
chas

PostSubject: Re: Hit the salvage stores and the yard sales today...   Hit the salvage stores and the yard sales today... I_icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2019, 7:09 pm

You did Good!

Nice to know there are still $15 radios out there that are still worth buying...

Tubes are always a crap shoot, almost always cherry picked...

I did my bit I went to a huge, I mean HUGE book sale in Westport this morning.

My wife could not sleep in anticipation so she slept late. For me I was going just to see.

I have at times (long past) found older Radio Boys and some 20's-30"s radio hand books but not in the last 10 years.

There were four huge tents this year. The meeting house and the auditorium. Although the genre of the books is grouped. There was no technical area. One for hobbies but how may photo, cat, dog books can one use?

I looked for radio/TV celebrity bios too.

I found nothing in over 50, 000 books.

I had to park more than 1/2 mile away.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My wife was very disappointed. She kept repeating, "no more", "I'm not going next year"...

Yet she came home with a sack full of books...

Chas
Back to top Go down
ve1arn
ve1arn

PostSubject: Hit the salvage stores and the yard sales today...   Hit the salvage stores and the yard sales today... I_icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2019, 2:40 pm

Hopefully I didn't do too bad here. Usually stuff is too far gone for the prices being asked. (Yup, there were a few of those) But for once, there was stuff worth looking at.This doesn't happen too often in this area.

A Zenith HS-11Y radio in pretty decent shape for $15.00 Quite clean inside and everything that is supposed to move does so smoothly.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

A box containing 36 different radio dial belts for $5.00

A mixed box of tubes. Some used, some gone to air, but the new, in box ones caught my eye. 7 6LQ6's, and a few good for AA5's. I took the chance at $20.00

And a freebie. A July 1972 issue of Popular Electronics.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hit the salvage stores and the yard sales today...   Hit the salvage stores and the yard sales today... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hit the salvage stores and the yard sales today...
Page 1 of 1