ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

Redirector problems

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ve1arn
ve1arn

Redirector problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redirector problems   Redirector problems I_icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2019, 7:40 am

Hi Rod,

In the past when I have had this issue, I used Malwarebytes to get rid of these issues. Sometimes, it took running in safe mode with networking or without, to do it, but it worked.

There are other programs out there and you should use what you're comfy with. Malwarebytes is just my own choice here.

This is another good reason I have more than one browser installed. If one gets unusable, I have others to fall back on to try and repair the issues.
Back to top Go down
Rod Clay
Technician
Technician
Rod Clay

Redirector problems Empty
PostSubject: Redirector problems   Redirector problems I_icon_minitimeAugust 24th 2019, 2:55 pm

I wonder if anyone out there has had problems with "Re-Director" efforts of hackers and/or rogue advertisers. I'll be looking at a website and then suddenly the page will be redirected to some other site. Sometimes I can close this new unwanted page easily but some will  resist closing saying "the webpage asks: do you really want to close this page?". Some will not close at all and I have to get the Task Manager going to close the browser altogether for me.

This can be the result of malware on one's computer as I have found out before but it appears that some well known websites are vulnerable to it. I go to MSN.com for news coverage and their news webpages, for example, suffer from these re-director efforts.

73, Rod  WB6FBF
Back to top Go down

Redirector problems
Page 1 of 1