Share | 

I can't Beleve it!!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostSubject: I can't Beleve it!!!!!   2011-12-03, 10:23 pm

I had my grandson over last night and talked Him into doing some moving for me in my radio room. I now can get to my workbench. LOL. I set up my Newest test equipment (all in one tray) and stored all of my Riders manuals under my Art table.
I have boxes of baseball, basketball and football cards. At first he didn't want them (He said they were only for GEEKS! HMMM like me I think he was hinting No ) But He changed His mind. He's 13 years old and I told him he could sell them if He wanted. I have about 7 boxes with 5 or 6 rows each and some trays. So that will help clean out my closet for Tube storage. tongue
Now I can start to organize my Parts. Sad

Sort my radios, get radio manuals in some sort of confused order, and heat up my soldering Iron, and gun. Now what did I do with my Solder, OH DRATS. Suspect

PostSubject: Re: I can't Beleve it!!!!!   2011-12-04, 6:06 am

Well, at least you've made a start.

Before I get that far, I still need to get rid of stuff first. My challenge at the moment is getting rid of my excess tubes. I don't need 1800+ of these items around. So, I'm gonna check out the tube numbers, check the tube sites to see what the prices are for each number, and sort them out that way. The cheap $1 to $4 tubes, I figure I'll just give em away for the shipping costs. Anything that costs more, I'll make a deal with whoever needs/wants some. I've also got some assorted parts that I could move out as well here that I figure would serve other folks more than me, so I'll work on them next.

Only after I get rid of some stuff can I figure just how much space I will have available.

The $$ I make off what I sell will pay for some components to recap a couple of pieces of test gear I want to keep and use too.

Too many projects, too little time. Surprised Keep me up to date on your shop set up please. It'll help keep me motivated. Very Happy

Cheers, Bob
Back to top Go down
NT9K

PostSubject: Re: I can't Beleve it!!!!!   2011-12-22, 2:44 am

I think I fit right in here and almost ashamed to fess up to this, but since I'm single I can get away with stuff like this. I have a pretty large radio/computer room. My radio desk is larger than most and I also have a big work bench in there. My radio desk is so cluttered, mostly with keys and half finished radio projects, that I had to expand. I then built myself a work shop in the spare bedroom. I built work benches all across one of the walls, but even with all that space, there's not enough room and most of my wood working and key making supplies have ended up in piles on the floor.

Since I ran out of room, I had to find a place to build a few things, so I moved to the kitchen table. The lighting is real good there and I can see to do surface mount soldering better. When I first moved to the kitchen table, it looked acceptable, at least to me. This picture is about a year or 2 old, I wish it looked that good now!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

I can't Beleve it!!!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB :: General Chatting Forum-
Jump to: