ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

Review of: Grays Harbor Hamfair Elma WA

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

Review of: Grays Harbor Hamfair Elma WA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review of: Grays Harbor Hamfair Elma WA    Review of: Grays Harbor Hamfair Elma WA I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2012, 11:43 pm

I will be there! Were are on the first floor right by the loading dock entrance. I will leave Port Orchard about 5am on Saturday and pick up three riders and some of their gear. Will stop at Denney's in Tacoma for breakfast (right on the freeway towards puyallup, then head out to the Pavilion.
----------------------------------
Update:
I didn't sell anything (2 Oscopes and 2 telephone point multimeter's) Sad
Also gave away 1 coat pocket size multi-band radio and 39 Radio Electronics magazines dated from 1960s through 1980s.
But I did buy a Resistance Bridge ZM 4B/U for $15.
And a General Radio Variac Model W10MT3W. It is a 120Volt 300/1500 watt unit. Paid $70, needs a fuse cap and my attention to get to see it work. It has 2 fuses one for 4 amps and the other for 10 amps. Looks in good shape physically, now I hope its electrically OK too. By the way it has a built in AC voltmeter and a dual Scale AC wattmeter too.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Also Picked up an old crystal radio tuner coil/variable cap assembly along with a 4 pin tube socket that has a rubber insulator to dampen tube howling. I think I may construct the crystal radio first then design a one tube circuit for it also. I will also have to build a small coil to insert in the other coil for coupling. That was $10.
Also picked up a Chinese digital handheld Multimeter the reads frequencies up to 20KHz and transistor gain and Capacitance values, so for $19, brand New. So my trip there was not a total loss. cheers

Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

PostSubject: Re: Review of: Grays Harbor Hamfair Elma WA    Review of: Grays Harbor Hamfair Elma WA I_icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2012, 9:34 pm

Last two years we had a table at the 1st floor entrance on the far end. Last year was there biggest yet, from what I saw and understood. So far, I usually Help set up fast and then go fishing on both floors.

FrankB

PostSubject: Re: Review of: Grays Harbor Hamfair Elma WA    Review of: Grays Harbor Hamfair Elma WA I_icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2012, 2:17 pm

Cliff,
I have 2 tables on a row end on the 2nd floor. If I can find the coil, I'll bring it with me.
My table should be EZ to find, I'll have 2-3 book racks full of sorted & bin boxed tubes there, as well as covering the tables & other goodies.
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

PostSubject: Re: Review of: Grays Harbor Hamfair Elma WA    Review of: Grays Harbor Hamfair Elma WA I_icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2012, 11:06 am

Well I guess I'll go, with a Ham buddy of mine (He's gonna drive) to the Puyallup Hamfest. I have a couple of scopes to sell, but expect to come home with more than I left with. LOL

FrankB

PostSubject: Review of: Grays Harbor Hamfair Elma WA    Review of: Grays Harbor Hamfair Elma WA I_icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2012, 8:40 pm

The day started off with rain, sleet, snow, hail, black ice on the road, repeat: ad. infinitum.

The swap meet was held at the MicroTel Hotel in Elma WA.

The meeting room was about 10 feet from the door. Easy access, plenty of tables, free coffee, and well organized! Shocked Very Happy

This was their FIRST ever hamfair. They offered free admission, free table space, and free use of the hotels tables.

The club was VERY helpful in helping me setup.

It was a slow start, but it got really busy, & kept me so much so I never even got to finish my lunch.

Some killer deals there too. I came home with a lot of new treasures and sold a lot of poundage (The best part! Smile ).

All in all it was extremely good for a first hamfair. I was impressed. Some of the other hamfairs I have been to might do well to emulate their organization & helpfulness.

Even my SO got some goodies there to make her job at work easier. That sure didn't hurt her feelings at coming & helping me at the event. sunny

I'd rate this one on a scale of 1-10:
Organization: 9.5
Utilization of available space:10
Helpfulness:10
Cleanliness of bathrooms: 10+

One of the nicest ones I have been to in years.
It would have been neat to have a larger turnout, but for a first time event- good turnout. Some folks even came up from Oregon for it.

I hope to be there again next year, with more goodies and to see some of the Sparks/ ARF/TCA members there too.

(P.S.- It didn't hurt that the SO came up with a ticket for me for the grand prize drawing, and I won it. Kenwood TM 281A). cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Review of: Grays Harbor Hamfair Elma WA    Review of: Grays Harbor Hamfair Elma WA I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Review of: Grays Harbor Hamfair Elma WA
Page 1 of 1