ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

Heathkit closes its doors again

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Heathkit closes its doors again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heathkit closes its doors again   Heathkit closes its doors again I_icon_minitimeNovember 15th 2012, 3:30 pm

No, it's not "just you." In its heyday Heathkit sold high quality, eminently affordable test and consumer audio/video equipment, much of which, I bet, is still in existence and still being used--like my IT-12 signal tracer and IP-18 regulated power supply.

In 1956 I traveled to Benton Harbor, MI, and picked up a Heathkit my father had ordered. I forget the model number but it was a big multispeaker cabinet (birch), designed for use in the early days of mono high fidelity. He and I assembled it and it worked the first time we tried it. Dad finished the cabinet with another then-new product, Deft brushable lacquer. Later (about 1961) he used the speaker system and another Heath speaker unit he himself assembled with his proudly acquired Fisher stereo tuner.
Back to top Go down
willy3486
Beginning Member

PostSubject: Re: Heathkit closes its doors again   Heathkit closes its doors again I_icon_minitimeNovember 4th 2012, 6:51 am

When I was a kid I use to get their catalogs and now I could get the kits they go out of business. Its a shame because I bet if they could have survived or changed they could start selling kits again. I have to wonder if most businesses this big close due to management not changing with the times. Its a shame because I thought they had really good stuff, or thats just me.
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

PostSubject: Heathkit closes its doors again   Heathkit closes its doors again I_icon_minitimeJuly 25th 2012, 10:14 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

PostSubject: Re: Heathkit closes its doors again   Heathkit closes its doors again I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heathkit closes its doors again
Page 1 of 1