ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

Show off your work (repair) bench HERE

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Show off your work (repair) bench HERE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show off your work (repair) bench HERE   Show off your work (repair) bench HERE I_icon_minitimeMay 31st 2016, 3:47 pm

Lol I just straighten it up. A hour before this picture you couldn't see the bench! It was only cleaned up for picture clarity lol. Thanks
Back to top Go down
FrankB
FrankB

PostSubject: Re: Show off your work (repair) bench HERE   Show off your work (repair) bench HERE I_icon_minitimeMay 30th 2016, 5:40 pm

Old wooden doors can work great for workbench tops, if you don't intend to get too animal with them.
Usually available up to 36" wide and free on Craigslist. Also the Habitat for Humanity has them quite cheap around here, like 10.00 or less if one side is damaged. (You can also put a sheet of plywood on top of the door skin to reinforce it.)
DevilDog, Nice bench, but way too uncluttered. LOL. The idea for all thread is a good one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Show off your work (repair) bench HERE   Show off your work (repair) bench HERE I_icon_minitimeMay 22nd 2016, 5:15 pm

Here's my little section of yesterday. Lol. I'm just getting started, going at it about 6 months now. I built the workbench out of oak , used danish oil for the finish, I have a master switch that kills everything . I have a 5' led strip under the top shelf . I used 1/4" all thread rod for the wire rack. . Still accumulating equipment etc. Thanks for looking.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

PostSubject: Re: Show off your work (repair) bench HERE   Show off your work (repair) bench HERE I_icon_minitimeAugust 8th 2013, 10:18 pm

Embarassed The substitution boxes have been in the room all along. cheers

I am now working slowly on getting my books and parts inventoried. I tried using a couple of free office programs, but the are way harder to use than Microsoft Office, So I have an old CD with MS Office 97 that I will use. It Has useful Wizards to set up things more easily.

Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

PostSubject: Re: Show off your work (repair) bench HERE   Show off your work (repair) bench HERE I_icon_minitimeJune 7th 2013, 4:07 pm

I have run into a problem that really stumps me, in my moving all my stuff into the garage, I had two substitution boxes, one for capacitors and the other for resistors. I have gone through both a garage in my radio room and can not find them anywhere!
Eventually they may show up, but I still have a lot of organizing to do, in both areas. One day soon I sure hope.

Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

PostSubject: Re: Show off your work (repair) bench HERE   Show off your work (repair) bench HERE I_icon_minitimeMay 1st 2013, 4:57 pm

I now have my computer set up so I will be able to be a more frequent contributor and get the ball rolling for our Forum.

Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

PostSubject: Re: Show off your work (repair) bench HERE   Show off your work (repair) bench HERE I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2013, 1:53 pm

Not been seeing to much activity on the forum, so I figured its time for me to get the ball rolling again.

Here's my work bench just about complete! ( still trying to organize room).
I will post pictures when thing get less cluttered. study
---------------------------------
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

FrankB

PostSubject: Re: Show off your work (repair) bench HERE   Show off your work (repair) bench HERE I_icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2013, 10:36 pm

I really like any ideas on the workbench setups.
I am remodeling a 30' motorhome to make a mobile electronics workshop out of it.
(Hey outta work almost 3 yrs now. Gotta try to do something to try to make a few bux.)

Leaving in the toilet, sink, and fridge. (Where else can I keep a cold pop?)
Right now I am waiting for good weather to re-seal the ac units on the roof and the vents.

Then I start on replacing all the rotted framing inside, and re- insulating it.

I have that neat 2' wide mil. surp. bench I got last summer; made of maple or golden oak.
Since its 6' long it will nicely fit where the dinette used to be.
2 isolation tx to install, one 15A and the other is like 20-25 amp.
Generator works fine for portable power too.
Most of my "newer" service data is all on CD ROM, or available on the 'net.
I will probably rewire part of it, as some of the wireing goes who knows where, thanks to previous owners "repairs".
A 12V outlet on the bench will be added also, along with a huge 25 amp or so Variac on one set of isolated bench outlets. I have 2 big mil truck batteries out of the 6X6 that are not up to snuff for the truck, but should be good for 12V for the bench with a floating charger with auto shutoff.

Any thoughts from the group on other things to add would be nice too.
As soon as I can, I will get pix posted as it progresses. Right now I am waiting for good weather to do anything to it.
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

PostSubject: Re: Show off your work (repair) bench HERE   Show off your work (repair) bench HERE I_icon_minitimeMarch 25th 2013, 10:19 am

Here's my work area in transition, Hopefully around the first week of April it will be set up. I will post more Pictures after completion.
First picture is showing the metal rack most of my test equipment will reside on. My workbench will abutt that on the right wall.

This second Picture shows my awaiting restorations area.

And the last section is the closet that will have the sliding doors removed and concrete block and shelves installed. I will also store my tubes and tube testers there. I will remove the file cabinet and put it where the bookshelf is on the left of the door is and put that bookshelf next to the other one on the back wall in the second picture.

ve1arn

PostSubject: Re: Show off your work (repair) bench HERE   Show off your work (repair) bench HERE I_icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2013, 11:09 am

Way ta go Cliff!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

PostSubject: Re: Show off your work (repair) bench HERE   Show off your work (repair) bench HERE I_icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2013, 9:49 am

"The Winter 2012 Contest Winners
Winners Announced!
Here are the winners of the grand prize and first and second
place in both the Soldering and Workbench category:

Grand Prize Winner - Fluke 87V DMM
Dennis Richards, North Carolina

Soldering First Prize - X-Tronic 6040 Rework Station
Eric Shafer, Ohio

Soldering Second Prize - $50 Mouser Gift Certificate
David Singletary, Louisiana

Workbench First Prize - Weller WES51 Soldering Station
Clifford Jones, Washington State

Workbench Second Prize - $50 Mouser Gift Certificate
Mark Hewett, North Carolinia

The grand prize winner of the Fluke 87V DMM was randomly selected from all entries and the winners in of each of the soldering and workbench categories were randomly selected from the ten finalists below.
Congratulations to all the winners."

PostSubject: Re: Show off your work (repair) bench HERE   Show off your work (repair) bench HERE I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2013, 7:00 pm

Oh Boy !! I'm gonna have to do me some cleaning before I show mine. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

PostSubject: Re: Show off your work (repair) bench HERE   Show off your work (repair) bench HERE I_icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2013, 6:37 pm

I entered Steve Johnson's

Show Your work Bench with my photo, and will find out what picture won on this Friday March 15th, 2013.
So stay tuned and find out. I will post the results Here.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thanks to Steve Johnson for Helping foster interest in work bench and soldering stations. Kudos!

ve1arn

PostSubject: Re: Show off your work (repair) bench HERE   Show off your work (repair) bench HERE I_icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2013, 10:53 am

I envy you in a way. I really need to do that in my basement man cave. It has become a warehouse over the last while.

I did however, manage to get rid of my tube stash with the exception of a few that might get me a few $$ and any tubes my keeper radios use.

I just have to design a layout on paper and remember to stick to it once I get started. I have a habit of changing my mind on stuff like this.
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

PostSubject: Re: Show off your work (repair) bench HERE   Show off your work (repair) bench HERE I_icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2013, 8:30 pm

I am now in the process of removing my work area and putting in a new bench. I am positioning it different than it was. It will be 5 foot long and have a 32-36" depth. And an added shelf to support test equipment at least 18" in length. I will have the same rack next to the bench.

I am moving my book shelves to the opposite wall and next to each other. I still have to move my metal workbench out of the room to the garage. Rearrange my books, tools and test equipment. I think once I get it setup the way I want, my first objective is to repair the test equipment and sell most of them off.

I have way to much in radios and test equipment and it limits my room to work in.

Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

PostSubject: Show off your work (repair) bench HERE   Show off your work (repair) bench HERE I_icon_minitimeJanuary 4th 2013, 11:11 pm

Here's mine ( it's a work in progress.) Shocked

PostSubject: Re: Show off your work (repair) bench HERE   Show off your work (repair) bench HERE I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Show off your work (repair) bench HERE
Page 1 of 1