ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

STC Bantam B-141 radio saving/conversion

Go down 
AuthorMessage

STC Bantam B-141 radio saving/conversion Empty
PostSubject: STC Bantam B-141 radio saving/conversion   STC Bantam B-141 radio saving/conversion I_icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2013, 9:49 pm

Hi folks,

I've 'saved" the above radio from landfill, but alas it's got some serious pathology..
The choke has been eaten irreparably by mice, and the two metal square cans were smashed..
Plus, the bakelite casing has cracked in two, but has been re-glued years ago.
A small, cute guitar amplifier is in order - a 12ax7 feeding the 6v6 and away we go.
Here's a service bulletin for this model:
http://www.kevinchant.com/uploads/7/1/0/8/7108231/141.pdf

My question (finally)..
can someone help me with the maths to calculate a resistor to replace the choke on the centre-tap of the transformer?
The choke resistance is marked 255ohms, the 6V6 voltages are 210v plate and 220v screen, but I'm getting tied up in knots trying to calculate an equivalent resistor.
I'm aware a choke and resistor are not directly interchangeable, but I think it's the best chance of trying to get it going, as the transformer is small and so redesigning the circuit like say a Fender Champ circuit might be impossible if the transformer is not up to the task..

Thx for any help, David
Back to top Go down

STC Bantam B-141 radio saving/conversion
Page 1 of 1