ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

Hallicrafters SX-71 problem with A N L Circuit

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

Hallicrafters SX-71 problem with A N L Circuit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hallicrafters SX-71 problem with A N L Circuit   Hallicrafters SX-71 problem with A N L Circuit I_icon_minitimeJanuary 18th 2013, 3:14 pm

Glad to advise, 73s

PostSubject: Re: Hallicrafters SX-71 problem with A N L Circuit   Hallicrafters SX-71 problem with A N L Circuit I_icon_minitimeJanuary 18th 2013, 10:22 am

WOW! I read the article and never knew this. I will leave things where they are. Thanks again
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

PostSubject: Re: Hallicrafters SX-71 problem with A N L Circuit   Hallicrafters SX-71 problem with A N L Circuit I_icon_minitimeJanuary 17th 2013, 9:35 pm

I wouldn't do anything further, That is normal for ANL.
Here's a good explanation on this link.

CLICK HERE

PostSubject: Hallicrafters SX-71 problem with A N L Circuit   Hallicrafters SX-71 problem with A N L Circuit I_icon_minitimeJanuary 17th 2013, 9:18 pm

Well the SX-71 is operating pretty well now, S meter and all! But when I engage the noise limiting circuit, it seems to lower noise level but the sound gets somewhat distorted. I have replaced the electrolics and paper caps along with a few resistors that were bad. I also replaced the output transformer which was a 500 ohm and 3.2 ohm CT. I used two transformers with the proper primaries for the 6K6 and 500 & 3.2 out. The 500 ohm transformer is rated for 10 watts which I beleave the 6K6 is not capable of but I don,t think this could cause a problem with the noise limiter circuit? Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hallicrafters SX-71 problem with A N L Circuit   Hallicrafters SX-71 problem with A N L Circuit I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hallicrafters SX-71 problem with A N L Circuit
Page 1 of 1