ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Help me Identify and Put Values to Dad's Stuff?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mldibb

PostSubject: Help me Identify and Put Values to Dad's Stuff?   2014-05-19, 8:52 pm

My dad collected and worked on tube radios back in the 50s.  After his passing, some equipment sat in storage until now.  I need to find good homes for this material, but have NO knowledge in the subject area.  How can I get reliable information regarding the value of his items, and where would be a good place to sell these?  (I do have an Ebay account, but need to know what I am talking about.)

The list of items is as follows:
Triplet Model 2002 Voltage Meter (looks like a camera in a leather case;)
Box of Radio Vacuum Tubes (about two dozen loose and several in boxes;)
Radio in Handmade (?) Wooden Case, Tongue-and-Groove Corners (small -- like 5 x 7 x 7)
Tube Tester, Model 151 (with 47 pp. Operating Manual)
U.S. Army Signal Corps Tube Socket Adapter Kit, MX-949A/U (with 68 pp. "Department of the Army Technical Bulletin, Department of the Air Force Technical Order:  Tube Test Data Cards for use with Tube Testers I-177, I-177A, I-177B, and with Tube Sock Adaptor Kit MX-949/U," dated October 16, 1952.)

Thank you all!
Margaret
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Help me Identify and Put Values to Dad's Stuff?   2014-05-20, 12:36 am

Triplet Model 2002 Voltage Meter (looks like a camera in a leather case;) $5-$10
I have one more of a conversation piece.
Box of Radio Vacuum Tubes (about two dozen loose and several in boxes;)if as new then 50 cents to $10 for Radio tubes. TV tubes aren't worth much.

Radio in Handmade (?) Wooden Case, Tongue-and-Groove Corners (small -- like 5 x 7 x 7)
Not much without the original case $10-$15, probably a kit. If it was a large count tube set then that may bring more (10-12 tubes) in complete operating condition.

Tube Tester, Model 151 (with 47 pp. Operating Manual) May bring $15 -$30 doesn't do a lot. If its an inexpensive Accurate brand

for U.S. Army Signal Corps Tube Socket Adapter Kit, MX-949A/U (with 68 pp. "Department of the Army Technical Bulletin, Department of the Air Force Technical Order: Tube Test Data Cards for use with Tube Testers I-177, I-177A, I-177B, and with Tube Sock Adaptor Kit MX-949/U," dated October 16, 1952.) Now that could be worth a bit more for military users. Maybe $25-$50 or more if the right buyer wants it bad.

Help me Identify and Put Values to Dad's Stuff?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1