Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Swimming Pool "Noodles" & "6 pack" holders

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
FrankB

PostSubject: Swimming Pool "Noodles" & "6 pack" holders   2016-04-29, 7:58 pm

Yeah, this is not totally a hint for electronics but some great uses for these "dollar store" type items:

Ever cut your hands lifting a chassis? Tale a length of "noodle" and slit it down the side, lengthwise. just slip it on the sharp edge of the chassis, and you won't slice up your hands.

Tired of marring up the bench top with a chassis? Just slip a length as above on the bottom edge of the chassis and it will provide bench top protection.

Need an emergency chassis spacer? Noodle to the rescue. Just cut a slice off the end to the desired thickness. Cut down diameter to fit.

Ever try to sit on the top edge of a 5 gallon bucket? Well, slit the noodle lengthwise and slip it on the bucket edge. Nice cushion for the bottom to sit on.

Need a short length of hose to fill the floor mop bucket? Just slide it over the end of the kitchen sink faucet and use it as a hose.

The noodles also make good "Spider Whackers" too.

Need a short extension for the vacuum cleaner to get into the back of a chassis that is non-metallic? Again the plain old pool noodle to the rescue. Just slip it over the end of your hose.

Need a bigger grip for your screw driver, ratchet or other tool? Just slide a length of noodle over the handle and cut to length.

They also make good protective covers or mounts for screw drivers too.

I am sure others can add a multitude of other uses to this list.

6 pack holders.

(You DO remember when beer came in a nice cardboard 6 pack holder- before the plastic "rings" came out, right? Suspect )

Well, locally, Albertsons Market sells bottled  soft drinks in bulk, and you put them in the nifty cardboard "6 pack" holders; and when you are done recycling the bottles, take the "6 pack" holder and you will find it makes an awesome tote for spray paint or chemical cans. Or just use for storage of the cans too. These should work well for small cans of paint / finish too. (Or you can actually store soft drinks or beer in them too. Shocked ).
Back to top Go down
ve1arn

PostSubject: Re: Swimming Pool "Noodles" & "6 pack" holders   2016-06-03, 9:14 am

Nice ideas for the noodles Frank.

Wonder if we have to worry about static buildup on these in some uses?
Back to top Go down
FrankB

PostSubject: Re: Swimming Pool "Noodles" & "6 pack" holders   2016-06-03, 5:11 pm

Just found yet another use for them. Pipe insulation!

Slit it down the side and slide it on the pipe.
Back to top Go down
FrankB

PostSubject: Re: Swimming Pool "Noodles" & "6 pack" holders   2016-06-03, 5:13 pm

I can't think of any static problems with tube electronics.
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Swimming Pool "Noodles" & "6 pack" holders   2016-06-04, 7:41 pm

Now that's what I need to do, look out dollar store!!!

PostSubject: Re: Swimming Pool "Noodles" & "6 pack" holders   2016-06-05, 3:28 pm

Cliff, I have a whole pile of black insulation here for 1/2" pipes if you need it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Swimming Pool "Noodles" & "6 pack" holders   

Back to top Go down

Swimming Pool "Noodles" & "6 pack" holders
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1