ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

Stay Alive, V2.0

Go down 
AuthorMessage
FrankB
FrankB

Stay Alive, V2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Stay Alive, V2.0   Stay Alive, V2.0 I_icon_minitimeNovember 13th 2016, 6:32 pm

When you are working on circuits, in a set or on the house be sure the power is OFF.

Decades back, when I managed a parts store, we had to install a floor outlet for a display. I crawled under the building and asked the owner "Is the power off?"  He said it was. I asked "Are you sure?"  "Yes" he said.
 So as I turned a brand new pair of wire cutters into a set of "custom made" strippers for [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wire with a huge "BANG!!!!!!!!" Shocked Surprised Shocked
 He yelled 'Are you OK?"  "Yeah", I said, "But didn't you say you had the power off?"  Uh,............ 🤡

Thus ended my trust of someone else turning the power off, along with the introduction to just what the term "brown pants" exactly meant. Laughing

The moral is: Always turn off the power to the building, and don't trust anyone else to do it correctly. They do make lockouts for a reason too! test the circuit with your meter before cutting, especially on house wiring.
 You can also get knocked on your tail from a radio or TV too.
    Use the 1 hand rule when working on a set. Keep 1 hand in your pocket, and use the other to use the test equipment with.
  If you get tired & sleepy, go elsewhere and nap, not on the bench.  At least 1 Ham has electrocuted himself falling asleep and getting tangled up in the equipment.
Back to top Go down

Stay Alive, V2.0
Page 1 of 1