Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Power cord storage

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
FrankB

PostSubject: Power cord storage   2017-05-22, 3:27 pm

Decades ago, back in another world where TV techs actually made service calls, I carried "Cheater Cords" to work on the sets with.
   I carried a polarized and a non-polarized one that both would plug into the cord on the back of the TV set.
(Yeah, these are real Hen's teeth today).
   I quickly got tired of the cords getting tangled around each other in my tool kit. Twisted Evil

Well, one day while" communing" with Mother Nature, I glanced at the wall. I saw the TP was getting low, and thought "Hmmm, should be some good use for those empty cores". Exclamation

Well, the rest is history. I folded up my cords and put them in a TP tube, marking each tube as to the type of cord in it.
 Later I used them for my jumper cords, and even as molds for casting odd ball plugs. The price was right too- free.
 If a slightly heavier core is needed, try a paper towel, wax paper, or alu. foil core. 

No more tangled cords. I could have even painted them for color coding.

The best part was no more "rats nests" of cords in the tool box. This trick also works for drill & soldering gun cords, and You can tape a spare tip or drill bits to the tube for ease of finding it in the hidden depths of your tool box too. cheers
Back to top Go down

Power cord storage
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1