Share | 

Problem with Internet provider solutions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostSubject: Problem with Internet provider solutions   2017-06-12, 11:35 am

i was having obvious problems with wifi dropping, slow speeds and downloads. I decided to call my provider Centurylink support.
Of course when I called they did an auto robot line test before I talked to a representative. I then told my issues, and they did their routine ISP connection, verification of modem having no issues. I was given a second channel, and was informed that my speed was now increased from 12Mbps to 22Mbps.
It seemed to be working, session closed.

Then I tried downloading PDF FILES, I noticed that my modem-DSL-WIFI would shut down every time I tried to down load files. Back again to the help desk at Centurylink. More testing and then I was told my modem was out of warrentee and I would need to get another unit. Grrrr!

I found out that almost all hard telephone wired units are no longer sold, as everyone's using cable. Well at this point I decided to try doing a software install of my modem. My modem is a ZyXEL C1000Z, it has 2 downloads. So I followed the online Centurylink instructions, and did a power down of both the modem and Laptop.

After reboot things seem OK now. I didn't have to purchase a new modem from them!
So they didn't squeeze $$$$ from me. lol!

So always persist in learning to go the extra step, if you don't know how, you can ask here, for problem solving in your delemas.

PostSubject: Re: Problem with Internet provider solutions   2017-06-19, 2:38 pm

Saving money AND beating the big boys is a great feeling ain't it Cliff? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Problem with Internet provider solutions   2017-06-23, 5:46 pm

well I failed to beat them, went to bestbuy and bought a netgear modem and separate router. that was imposible to setup, yet on the box it said for centurylink. Ended up ordering from century. Got a different brand, I asked if I could get an upgrade for the same price. Yes!!!!
its a TECHNICOLOR C1100T. IT HAS 802.11n and also has a LAN/WAN (for Fiber Optics)

up and running For $99

Problem with Internet provider solutions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1