ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  FAQFAQ  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  
Can't Log In?: 1st. thing is to clean out your cookies. if that doesn't work , click on Contact field.
(registration and/or Login Help ONLY) For other questions go to our FAQs link above.

Share | 

Just Had one Cataract removed, next one up comming

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostSubject: Just Had one Cataract removed, next one up comming   October 13th 2017, 7:07 pm

Very easy surgery, but man alive the number of eyedrops never stop!
First was atropine 2X a day before surgery.
then another chemical brew of three different types blended for pain, inflamation, and infection. 3X a day for 1 week after surgery.

Now 5 weeks on the third brew of 2 drops a day for 5 weeks

So Nov 3 is the day to go the process All over again. Rolling Eyes

My bad eye ( Right eye) was done first, and it has Amblyopia, (Lazy Eye)Estropia (Eye Turn)presbyopia (saome? whatever that is) + Cataract + photophobia (glare)

My good left eye LOL Myopia with astigmatism and presbyopia + Cataract + photophobia (glare)
-------------------------------
Sure made a difference in the right eye, still can't read the small print, and even with the large print I cannot separate all the letters in words but recognize by word letter pattern. But colors are brighter and letters and patterns too even on the TV are more clearly defined. pirat

Technician
Technician

PostSubject: Re: Just Had one Cataract removed, next one up comming   October 17th 2017, 1:20 pm

That's an affliction that is moving in on me slowly.  I hope everything comes out well for you. The thought of that surgery scares me.  At least there is a beneficial outcome.

wildcat445
Technician
Technician

PostSubject: Re: Just Had one Cataract removed, next one up comming   October 18th 2017, 7:42 pm

My cataract surgery is already scheduled for next summer.  My wife had it two years ago and she pretty much gets by without wearing glasses at all.  Doc says I should do as well, since I do not have astigamatism.  I have severe problems with glare, especially lights at night.  I do not drive at all anymore at night, except locally where everything is familiar.  Never drive at night when it is raining.  The wife had to do eye drops for a couple days, but she got along great.

Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Just Had one Cataract removed, next one up comming   December 24th 2017, 10:53 pm

Finished with both eyes. Quite a commitment as far as travel & Time. But now I can drive at night.
NO MORE EYEDROPS. My eyes feel different, almost like an irritation from grit. But is less and less. I found that clear-eye drops relives it.

Technician
Technician

PostSubject: Re: Just Had one Cataract removed, next one up comming   December 25th 2017, 4:10 am

Glad to see it's working out for you.
Back to top Go down
ve1arn

PostSubject: Re: Just Had one Cataract removed, next one up comming   January 5th 2018, 12:38 pm

Glad to hear all is going well with the eyes Cliff. I really admire you guys that have stuff done on your eyes. I have a high pain threshold and can pretty much take anything. But, I absolutely HATE anyone poking around my eyes! Over the years, I've had the odd speck removed by my MD and even though drops ease the pain, I can still feel it when he's in there.

Hope it stays this way for you!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just Had one Cataract removed, next one up comming   

Back to top Go down

Just Had one Cataract removed, next one up comming
Page 1 of 1