ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST post you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  FAQFAQ  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  
Can't Log In?: 1st. thing is to clean out your cookies. if that doesn't work , click on Contact field.
Any other usage, ( other than registration or Login Help) will be ignored. For other questions go to our FAQs link above.

Share | 

TV7 Servicing Question....

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ve1arn

PostSubject: TV7 Servicing Question....   January 20th 2018, 3:08 pm

I have a TV7 that needs to be looked at. Test button needs cleaning I do know that. The meter needle doesn't hold steady when pushed. Hasn't been used for a while too. Was stored inside a dry but unheated room. Was working great the last time I used it, so I am assuming it would not need much serious work if any really.

Overall, I would just like to have someone who knows what they are doing look at it for me. Mind you, I don't mind doing the odd thing myself with guidance. But, to be honest, looking at the innards kinda scares me. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostSubject: Re: TV7 Servicing Question....   January 20th 2018, 5:21 pm

Be bold, not like me. LOL
 I keep putting off my getting mine calibrated. I don't know why other than there is so much in the details. I hate tackling it just because I don't heat up the room, have a very uncomfortable stool. And of course a cluttered work bench. 

I have been collecting  PDF files of most Hickok tube testers. My thoughts were to see the difference in cal procedures.
Having different technical writers perspective would make difficult to understand instructions easier to follow.

When I got mine it was claimed to be a TV-U/D. It wasn't, it was the first a U. Which has no pots for fine adjustment. It uses a ceramic high wattage resistor that uses sliding contact straps. ( Which are more difficult to move precisely ).

If I could replace it with pots, I would be in pig heaven. No

PostSubject: Re: TV7 Servicing Question....   January 21st 2018, 5:49 am

Cliff, I haven't had mine open yet. Finishing my radio room has been a priority for me, but unfortunately, personal stuff got in the way and it's still not done. A good deal of the personal stuff is gone now and I am going to finish it this Spring.

Once I have the workspace, I'm going to open it up and have a look inside. I figure I'll be in the same boat as you, once I see the innards, I'm gonna close it up. Smile  Though, if the test button is within reach, I may see if I can clean that up if nothing else.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TV7 Servicing Question....   

Back to top Go down

TV7 Servicing Question....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB :: Radio Repair Bench :: Test Equipment-
Jump to: