Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST post you cannot PM a Member.

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  

Share | 

Puyallup Hamfair Review 2018

Go down 

PostSubject: Puyallup Hamfair Review 2018   March 11th 2018, 1:00 am

Well, Saturday was the Puyallup Hamfair.
As usual, the Mike & Key Club group did a great job. Thanks guys! Smile

I arrived late, about 10:30-11:00 due to dealing with issues at home.

I did not sell there this year, just not up to it. (Only 3rd time in 30-40 years I have not sold at it.)

Found some really good items at reasonable prices, but not a couple of the things I really needed. One seller that has what I really needed was not there this year. Sad

Some sellers really overpriced some stuff, IMHO. Some items I have never seen so highly priced for common stuff!
  They were apparently trying for online "asking" prices, not realistic Hamfair prices. Some I spoke to had no real idea of what the pricing should have been. "Well, I saw one "like it" someone was trying to sell on E### for $xxx. That's what they were asking for it there". {   Note: Get a clue. Just because someone asks a certain price, doesn't mean it's worth that. Reminds me of the story of the kid selling Lemonade for $100.00 a glass. When asked how come it was so expensive he replied "All I need to sell is one glass"}.

Some of the unrealistic prices I saw were: $40.00 for a beat up Heathkit audio generator, $90.00 (or was it more?) for an old ARC 5 with dynamotor. I did note that most of the items way overpriced didn't sell.

Some of the great prices were ARRL Handbooks from $1.00- $7.50 (And a few way over priced at $45-50.00- these were 80's and 90's ones!) Typically they go for the $5.00-$10.00 range.
Quite a smattering of "antique" radios too. Some even had realistic prices on them, some didn't.

All in all, almost all the tables were full again this year. So I am looking forward to going again next year, provided I am not doing a "dirt nap".
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Puyallup Hamfair Review 2018   March 15th 2018, 2:14 pm

I went also.

Got in early and first thing I saw Was A HP Frequency Counter Model 5385A.Got it for $75.

Had a chance at a General Radio LCR Bridge for $40 but when I asked Him is it working? He said it had some switch issue and if they were cleaned it may work. Well that was a red alert.

Then I saw A Hickok 750 Tube tester. Almost bit on that but the Price was $200 and since I haven't a familiarity with that model (must not be too popular on radio forums) as I don't think any one has good or bad to say about it, so I passed on that one too. 

I was only there about 1-1/2 Hours and Left. 
As you said Frank Waaaaay over priced on some things.

I cant understand why they don't organized the customer flow pattern. Its like a stalled intersection with every car trying to maneuver a round a bunch of piled up autos. No common sense to the foot traffic. 

Take a Hint MIKE AND KEY CLUB OFFICIALS. put arrows down on the floor for Pete's sake. scratch

I'm a Science Thinker, Radio Tinkerer, and all around good guy. Just ask Me!
Back to top Go down
Puyallup Hamfair Review 2018
Page 1 of 1