ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  FAQFAQ  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  
CAUTION!!! When New Members post and leave a link to click on It may be Malicious so DONT, until they have posted a lot of times.

New Members Please introduce yourself.

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage
McBarry
Beginning Member

New Members Please introduce yourself. - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: New member intro..   New Members Please introduce yourself. - Page 9 Icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2011, 11:05 am

First topic message reminder :

Hi folks,
I'm David, I live in Canberra, Down Under, and confess a love of valve gear.
Specifically guitar amps, and have joined the site to further my slowly growing knowledge..
I'm also on a steep learning curve for valve testers - just gained a Jackson 637 and am trying to learn about it and am planning to service it B4 testing my growing collection of valves..
I don't know a whole lot about radio's per se, but pls don't hold that against me..LOL
I'll chime in probably infrequently, but have bookmarked the site and will call back regularly.
Cheers, David
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
19&41
Technician
Technician

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   New Members Please introduce yourself. - Page 9 Icon_minitimeJuly 30th 2018, 12:55 pm

Welcome Earle and Rusty!
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   New Members Please introduce yourself. - Page 9 Icon_minitimeJuly 30th 2018, 1:31 pm

Welcome to the following New Members:

wd0fch

Rarabama

Olde RM

V8Bob

Glad to have you Join, as you all have experience, We members look forward to your knowledge and experience's in your posts. we welcome knowledge, to help our members and visitors.
That's what were all about here.

Senior Member 75+ Posts
Senior Member 75+ Posts

PostSubject: New Member Introduction.    New Members Please introduce yourself. - Page 9 Icon_minitimeAugust 1st 2018, 3:00 am

Hi All,
I just recently joined Antique Radios and made my first (3) forum posts on Hickok tube testers and the mercury vapor 83 type rectifier tube and a SS replacement for same. From there I saw a mention of Antique-Radio-Lab so here I am. Glad to join you. I have been a SW radio fan and electronic tech starting when I was a boy. I am now 61. I took a night class to become a licensed Novice radio amateur back in the 8th Grade while in Junior High School. I have held the calls WN6LBV, WB6FBF, and N4QNX. My license N4QNX expired back in February but I am thinking of renewing and asking the FCC for my old call back of WB6FBF since I am now living in Oroville, California once again. I was formerly from the 4th Call District with my old home and ham radio station back in Lynchburg, Virginia where I was quite active at one time using a Korean War vintage Hallicrafters HT-4/BC-610-G as my main transmitter supplemented by a Heathkit DX-100. That's all for now. More to come.
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   New Members Please introduce yourself. - Page 9 Icon_minitimeAugust 1st 2018, 8:55 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Hi All,
I just recently joined Antique Radios and made my first (3) forum posts on Hickok tube testers and the mercury vapor 83 type rectifier tube and a SS replacement for same. From there I saw a mention of Antique-Radio-Lab so here I am. Glad to join you. I have been a SW radio fan and electronic tech starting when I was a boy. I am now 61. I took a night class to become a licensed Novice radio amateur back in the 8th Grade while in Junior High School. I have held the calls WN6LBV, WB6FBF, and N4QNX. My license N4QNX expired back in February but I am thinking of renewing and asking the FCC for my old call back of WB6FBF since I am now living in Oroville, California once again. I was formerly from the 4th Call District with my old home and ham radio station back in Lynchburg, Virginia where I was quite active at one time using a Korean War vintage Hallicrafters HT-4/BC-610-G as my main transmitter supplemented by a Heathkit DX-100. That's all for now. More to come.
Welcome Rod:
Wow that's impressive at such a young age.
When you do a follow up, post it in the general chat post forum, and of course we also have ham and shortwave forum.
Sounds like you will provide some rich experience to our Forum topics.

Beginning Member

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   New Members Please introduce yourself. - Page 9 Icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2018, 11:50 am

Hi, all...My name is Dave and I have been licensed since 1954.  My original station was a Hallicrafters S-77 and a Heathkit AT-1. Made lots of contacts with that old station. Just recently picked up a very nice S40B and while it works, it could use some tuning up.  (Next project) Just wondering if the  band switch on all S40 receivers is as stiff as the one I just got?  I haven't yet opened it up to see what it looks like underneath.  Possibly just a bit of cleaning and a little lube may make it easier for my old (92 year) hand to turn the knob. Just finished a nice S38B which works quite well.  I guess the older one gets, the more us old folks like to get the old gear back working. 
Dave, W8FKI
Back to top Go down
Kveldulfr
Beginning Member

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   New Members Please introduce yourself. - Page 9 Icon_minitimeNovember 29th 2018, 2:09 pm

Hi, my name is Carlos, I´m 49 (almost 50), I´m from Laboulaye (Córdoba, Argentina), I obtained my amateur radio licence at 13 years old, I used the club radios until I made a 80m transmiter ( AM, 100 W, two pushpull 1625 tubes, a real frankenstein, but worked fine, and a transistor receiver, I found the circuit in an ARRL handbook) I grew up, go to university and never renewed my licence, but I´m planning to do it soon. 
Recently an old friend give some old transceiver and generators I´ll try to restore and searching the web is how I ended here.

P.S. the name is because I´m a reenactor and that is the name of my persona.
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   New Members Please introduce yourself. - Page 9 Icon_minitimeNovember 29th 2018, 9:12 pm

Welcome to Dave and Carlos. Pull up a chair in front of your computer, we have a lot of information that will be of Help to you.
The more each member gets involved the more expertice we all gain. So Jump right in the fray as it were  study

Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   New Members Please introduce yourself. - Page 9 Icon_minitimeJanuary 19th 2019, 4:08 pm

Welcome to the following New Members:

kyndbo  20 Jan 2019

Tubehead 18 Jan 2019

bopritchard    05 Jan 2019

Pbert    04 Jan 2019

Microtouch 01 Jan 2019

We welcome you New Members aboard.

If you have questions and want help this is the place to be.

Beginning Member

PostSubject: New Member from Kansas City   New Members Please introduce yourself. - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2019, 9:50 am

Your Real Name: first names only. Bruce
User Name: Why did you Decide on your username?Well it's pretty generic and didn't want to take too much time thinking about it.
Birthday:April 26
Interests:Always been interested in antiques as my mother was a dealer and I used to do a lot of refinishing for her. Lately I've been looking at a lot of old Philcos and bought a model 41-608 console (?) not sure of the correct terminology.  And most recently picked up a small tombstone table top model 1980 that looks pretty intact and would like to try and figure out the battery config.
Hobbies:Mostly I like to work on and restore my 1966 Plymouth Barracuda
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   New Members Please introduce yourself. - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Members Please introduce yourself.
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9