ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  FAQFAQ  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  
Can't Log In?: 1st. thing is to clean out your cookies. if that doesn't work , click on Contact field.
(registration and/or Login Help ONLY) For other questions go to our FAQs link above.

Share | 

Magnavox Stereo Theater Restoration

Go down 
AuthorMessage
wildcat445
Senior Member 75+ Posts
Senior Member 75+ Posts

PostSubject: Magnavox Stereo Theater Restoration   July 18th 2018, 5:48 am

This is not a radio question, per se, but my Stereo Theater has a radio in it, if that helps any.

I'm going to replace the socket for the damper tube in the TV chassis of my Stereo Theater.  This one has been hot and does not look very good.  In order to avoid an issue going forward, I've decided to replace the socket.  Are there any special precautions I should take?  What about arcing?  The damper is in the horizontal section of the set and I have read that arcing is a consideration.  Can I use bolts to hold in the new socket? 

Also, I may be in the market for a 27ZP4 CRT.  I know, I know, ask on VideoKarma.  No thank you.  The attitudes on there are the same as on ARF.  Snarky and superior.  I can get a straight answer here.  Thank you for any help.

Magnavox Stereo Theater Restoration
Page 1 of 1