ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  FAQFAQ  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  
CAUTION!!! When New Members post and leave a link to click on It may be Malicious so DONT, until they have posted a lot of times.

It's CVARS Time again Sat. July 21 2019

Go down 
AuthorMessage
FrankB
FrankB

It's CVARS Time again Sat. July 21 2019 Empty
PostSubject: It's CVARS Time again Sat. July 21 2019   It's CVARS Time again Sat. July 21 2019 Icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2018, 12:19 am

Yup. Saturday the 21'st of July  is the Chehalis Valley Amateur Radio Swap Meet.
 As usual, it's at the Chehalis WA Fairgrounds (AKA Lewis County Fairgrounds).
 This is a very short swap meet. Typically from 9 AM to 12 or 1 PM.

http://www.cvars.org/

This is the 20th annual swap meet. (Gee- Has it really been that long? WOW!)
This is a "tailgate" type swap meet.

(No, I will not be bringing my 5 Ton T925 Military Truck & trailer this year A few years back it was the hit of the event).
Back to top Go down
ve1arn
ve1arn

PostSubject: Re: It's CVARS Time again Sat. July 21 2019   It's CVARS Time again Sat. July 21 2019 Icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2018, 5:48 pm

As long as you show us the goodies you get, OK? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
FrankB
FrankB

PostSubject: Re: It's CVARS Time again Sat. July 21 2019   It's CVARS Time again Sat. July 21 2019 Icon_minitimeJuly 22nd 2018, 1:31 am

Well I goofed.  Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
It was the 25th annual TailGate Swap meet.

Review:
Good swap meet, but sadly lacking about 1/3 the vendors of last year. (I think the heat had something to do with it.

Something NEW & SMART was added this year.
 They had tables you could rent for the meet if you didn't have one. WAY TO GO CVARS!!!!!

A couple of folks selling glass FET's with the built in pilot lights at very reasonable costs. ( Vacuum Tubes).
 A very eclectic mix of stuff. Some really good stuff and the usual "junk".

A 40M rotateable beam went for $10.00 at the auction. (If I had a bigger vehicle, it would have come home with me. I had no way of carrying the long sections of it. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad).

One vendor had digital panel meters (3-30 V) going for 5$. If I had not bought some elsewhere, I'd have bought a couple.

Smaller solar panels  abt 2' square were 5 bux each! Killer deal.

Results: I came home with another box of NOS tubes, magazines & books, assorted parts, BC348 "hanger queen", AK model 35- in pieces- no tubes, GE Pre- Prog- no case or final, a really nice HB 40? M & up ant tuner- unfinished. Just needs a bit of wiring to be complete (Couldn't even touch the parts for what I paid for the entire unit!). I also scored a really nice box of hookup wire at the auction, for less than the vendor had asked for 1 roll of it! Many rolls were intact, NOS!.

All in all, a successful hamfair from a buyers point of view.
Back to top Go down
ve1arn
ve1arn

PostSubject: Re: It's CVARS Time again Sat. July 21 2019   It's CVARS Time again Sat. July 21 2019 Icon_minitimeJuly 22nd 2018, 5:02 am

I could live with those kind of goofs Frank!! Wink 

Unfortunately for us here in Nova Scotia, we have 2 markets a year. One in the spring and the other in the fall, and both are getting smaller and smaller each year.

I envy you guys with those kind of markets. You did good!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's CVARS Time again Sat. July 21 2019   It's CVARS Time again Sat. July 21 2019 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's CVARS Time again Sat. July 21 2019
Page 1 of 1