ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  FAQFAQ  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  
Can't Log In?: 1st. thing is to clean out your cookies. if that doesn't work , click on Contact field.
(registration and/or Login Help ONLY) For other questions go to our FAQs link above.

Share | 

When is a Heathkit not a Heathkit?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostSubject: Re: When is a Heathkit not a Heathkit?   July 29th 2018, 1:06 pm

At work we would take classes during our lunch time learning Digital concepts and get credit at our local college. We received Zenith Digital trainers that of course were Heathkit.  Even the Books were Zenith published. The Apprentices assembled Heath Capacitor (hand held) checkers and were allowed to keep them and we also kept a few for test equipment checkout. So Heath had a number of things going during the 70s-80s.

PostSubject: When is a Heathkit not a Heathkit?   July 28th 2018, 8:48 pm

Well, when it has the Devry or Zenith stickers on it.
 Yup, the Devry and Zenith courses used Heathkit test equipment kits, but with the Heathkit logo removed (Most of the time).
 I am aware that some courses  offered Knightkit gear and of course Conar, which was a clone of some other company, (Or is my memory faulty on the Conar gear)?

Radio Shack offered a tube tester that was a Superior instruments clone, and so did another company or two A model 1000 seems to stick in my mind. Nothing but the lowest end emission tester I had ever seen.( Have one somewhere in the shop. Crusty, dirty, & likely not worth repairing.)
Back to top Go down

When is a Heathkit not a Heathkit?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB :: Radio Repair Bench :: Test Equipment-
Jump to: