ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

Power Supply Condensers

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
atwaterkent
Senior Member 75+ Posts
Senior Member 75+ Posts

Power Supply Condensers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power Supply Condensers   Power Supply Condensers I_icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2018, 5:35 am

Thanks for the confirmation Rod. Turns out the chokes are bad, so I purchased another AK37 that was being sold for parts. Lucky me, I get to put another "tar pit" in the oven again to free the new chokes for transplantation.
Back to top Go down
Rod Clay
Technician
Technician
Rod Clay

PostSubject: Re: Power Supply Condensers   Power Supply Condensers I_icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2018, 11:48 pm

Yes. I agree. The tubular yellow mylar film capacitors are so small now and available in the ranges you mentioned at 630VDC. There are also plenty of small fan motor run capacitors available you could try. Some of them are dual units. Some of these are rated at 450VAC which would make them long lasting and durable.
Back to top Go down
atwaterkent
Senior Member 75+ Posts
Senior Member 75+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Power Supply Condensers   Power Supply Condensers I_icon_minitimeAugust 20th 2018, 8:30 pm

I've been told they will work fine.
Back to top Go down
atwaterkent
Senior Member 75+ Posts
Senior Member 75+ Posts

PostSubject: Power Supply Condensers   Power Supply Condensers I_icon_minitimeAugust 20th 2018, 7:19 pm

I usually restore 20's battery radios, but now I am working on a AK 37. I need to replace the condensers in the power supply unit. The print calls foe two 1.0 microfarad condensers at 450v, one at 1.5 - 450v and two at .5 - 350v. Are tubular metal film condensers the right type to use?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Power Supply Condensers   Power Supply Condensers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Power Supply Condensers
Page 1 of 1