ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

Looking for a bit of guidance here..........

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ve1arn
ve1arn

Looking for a bit of guidance here.......... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for a bit of guidance here..........   Looking for a bit of guidance here.......... I_icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2018, 3:41 am

Got it Frank. Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
FrankB
FrankB

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a bit of guidance here..........   Looking for a bit of guidance here.......... I_icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2018, 8:05 pm

Let us know what you found. (Or didn't find). It can help others.
Hint:
For a schematic, I have had good luck with [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] in the past. The site has many schematics I have not found anywhere else. I have also posted on it, and about 50% of the time have managed to have someone post what I need.
Back to top Go down
ve1arn
ve1arn

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a bit of guidance here..........   Looking for a bit of guidance here.......... I_icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2018, 3:49 am

Thanks for the info Frank! Will check that out first chance. Smile
Back to top Go down
FrankB
FrankB

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a bit of guidance here..........   Looking for a bit of guidance here.......... I_icon_minitimeSeptember 30th 2018, 6:51 pm

Try checking the PS. Typically, what you describe is bad caps in the PS. Run an ESR test on them.
 I think you will find an open one or two and some with very bad ESR. Prob 85% chance.

Oh, & check solder conn too.

Odds are its not a relay. (Maggotbox /PCE (sic) had problems with magnetized relays a long time ago. I still have some in the parts storage. Even the one in my set failed. Set wouldnt turn off.)

Also check the 5V stay alive voltage. Geez, I saw an article on the same problem, different set many yrs. ago. Vaguely I think he found a zener bad in the PS.
Back to top Go down
ve1arn
ve1arn

PostSubject: Looking for a bit of guidance here..........   Looking for a bit of guidance here.......... I_icon_minitimeSeptember 18th 2018, 4:05 pm

Hi all,

I have an AKAI flat screen TV with built in DVD player. It works great with one exception. Once the set is turned off, the only way to turn it back on again is to unplug the power cord, then plug it back in. Then it will turn on. Either from the TV itself or the remote, that's the only way it will turn on.

My only experience with flat screen monitors or TV's has been replacing bad caps or complete power supplies. Nothing else. Before I look into the innards, can anyone gimmee an idea of where to start? I'm thinking a relay of sorts not disengaging, but any ideas before I open this one up will be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a bit of guidance here..........   Looking for a bit of guidance here.......... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking for a bit of guidance here..........
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB :: Appliance & TV Issues :: TV Issues-
Jump to: