ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

Banned Christmas Music?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
atwaterkent
Senior Member 75+ Posts
Senior Member 75+ Posts

Banned Christmas Music? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banned Christmas Music?   Banned Christmas Music? I_icon_minitimeDecember 10th 2018, 12:44 pm

A station in San Francisco did the same thing, banning the song after receiving around 100 letters asking them to stop playing the song. Then the station manager decided to put it up to a vote of their listeners. At last count they had over 10,000 responses and 91% were in favor of the song being played.
Back to top Go down
19&41
Technician
Technician
19&41

PostSubject: Re: Banned Christmas Music?   Banned Christmas Music? I_icon_minitimeDecember 6th 2018, 1:50 pm

If one looks hard enough, they can find bad in nearly anything.  It's like the lady who wouldn't take a Rorschach test because she didn't want to look at their obscene pictures.

Dan Walker
Senior Member 75+ Posts
Senior Member 75+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Banned Christmas Music?   Banned Christmas Music? I_icon_minitimeDecember 6th 2018, 8:04 am

There is something wrong when  a radio station would bow so low as to ban a song because of some idiots opinion.
  I see this type of thing in a lot of areas and I wonder what this world is coming to.
 I just don't se why people can't mind their own business.
 Dan in Calgary
Back to top Go down
atwaterkent
Senior Member 75+ Posts
Senior Member 75+ Posts

PostSubject: Banned Christmas Music?   Banned Christmas Music? I_icon_minitimeDecember 6th 2018, 6:21 am

I recently read about a Cleveland radio station that has banned the playing of an old classic Christmas song, "Baby, it's cold outside".  
It's remarkable what a relatively few people can read into an innocent and enjoyable Christmas song and decide it shouldn't be played. It's scary when the nuts can become censors.  Shocked
The station was wrong to ban it, another case of spineless management.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Banned Christmas Music?   Banned Christmas Music? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Banned Christmas Music?
Page 1 of 1