ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

Trouble identifying a tube..............

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ve1arn
ve1arn

Trouble identifying a tube.............. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble identifying a tube..............   Trouble identifying a tube.............. I_icon_minitimeFebruary 6th 2020, 1:53 pm

Thanks a heap Rod!!

I know where to come to find the experts for sure. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rod Clay
Technician
Technician
Rod Clay

PostSubject: Re: Trouble identifying a tube..............   Trouble identifying a tube.............. I_icon_minitimeFebruary 6th 2020, 12:56 pm

That tube is a Western Electric 215A. It can also be found marked as VT-5 for U.S. Signal Corp use and 38015 for U.S. Navy use. It has characteristics somewhat similar to that of the Westinghouse WD-11 tube. Looks like you have a socket there to fit it. Nice find. I have found some in the past at hamfests. 
73, Roderick  WB6FBF
Back to top Go down
ve1arn
ve1arn

PostSubject: Trouble identifying a tube..............   Trouble identifying a tube.............. I_icon_minitimeFebruary 6th 2020, 11:58 am

Hi gang,

In the process of cataloging some of my tubes and have one I can't seem to ID. No markings on it anywhere, either on the glass or the base. Going through some of my reference books doesn't help as there are no photos to go by. Anyone here recognize this one at all? All suggestions welcome. Links, photos, etc., whatever.

The inside close up is all I can see as the rest of the glass is just a nice shiny mirror. Smile

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trouble identifying a tube..............   Trouble identifying a tube.............. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trouble identifying a tube..............
Page 1 of 1