ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

Audio Compressor & other bad sleepless humor.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
FrankB
FrankB

Audio Compressor & other bad sleepless humor. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Audio Compressor & other bad sleepless humor.   Audio Compressor & other bad sleepless humor. I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2020, 10:25 pm

IIRC, it was a true story. 
Now I gotta run. My cathode escaped, and I have to build a cathode follower.
Back to top Go down
ve1arn
ve1arn

PostSubject: Re: Audio Compressor & other bad sleepless humor.   Audio Compressor & other bad sleepless humor. I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2020, 7:51 am

Some good groaners there Frank. I like the first one, since it could really be a true story the way some folks are these days. Razz

I remember a cute cartoon in an issue of CQ magazine some years ago. Two chaps are at the base of a high tower looking up with concerned looks on their faces. At the top is another guy hanging upside down by one leg from an element of a beam antenna.

One of the guys at the bottom says to the other guy...., " I would love to bring him down, but he's giving me 1.1 to 1 all across the band." Very Happy
Back to top Go down
FrankB
FrankB

PostSubject: Audio Compressor & other bad sleepless humor.   Audio Compressor & other bad sleepless humor. I_icon_minitimeFebruary 8th 2020, 2:14 am

Story I read in an electronics servicing mag in the 50's or 60's:

A tech was headed on a service call and saw a pickup truck stopped at a gas station.
 2 guys had an air hose and were trying to connect it to their TV sets picture tube in the back of their pickup truck.
 Curiosity got the better of him and he stopped and asked what they were doing.
  The guys replied "We stopped and the picture tube hit the cab, started hissing, and we are trying to put the air back in it".  Shocked Shocked
(Wacko enough to be a true story after all I have seen in the service industry.)

Did you guys hear about the CB'er who thought he could use his audio compressor to fill his car tires with?

I need to buy a new drip pan for my grid leak.

You ever lose a cathode? It's easy to find it. Just build a cathode follower.

Where does the military keep their ducks? Inductence, of course. Suspect

Are current vines AC or DC?

Guy walked into a parts store and said he needed some resistors. 
The clerk asked how many. He replied "A hand full of Ohms should do it".

Did you ever wonder why you have to cut a hole just to put in a plug? (Think about it Rolling Eyes ).

Why aren't all banana plugs yellow?

Do radios hum because they don't know the words to the song?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Audio Compressor & other bad sleepless humor.   Audio Compressor & other bad sleepless humor. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Audio Compressor & other bad sleepless humor.
Page 1 of 1