ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

Hope you folks are all doing well............

Go down 
+2
ve1arn
Dan Walker
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

Hope you folks are all doing well............ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hope you folks are all doing well............   Hope you folks are all doing well............ I_icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2020, 3:32 pm

Thanks to all for acknowledging my Gaining more experience about kindness from all of you.
Now what I need is a kick start to get out of my rocker (three times just to finally get up EVERY TIME) and sass-shay into my radio room and do some more organizing for repairs Rolling Eyes .
Funny thing is ,  the more birthdays I get under my belt,  the slower my belt moves. affraid

Technician
Technician
19&41

PostSubject: Re: Hope you folks are all doing well............   Hope you folks are all doing well............ I_icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2020, 10:21 am

Happy belated birthday, Cliff.  I've been off work a few days having testing for the virus.  I also took the antibody test yesterday.

MEZLAW
Technician
Technician
MEZLAW

PostSubject: Re: Hope you folks are all doing well............   Hope you folks are all doing well............ I_icon_minitimeApril 17th 2020, 2:47 pm

Happy birthday Cliff
Back to top Go down
FrankB
FrankB

PostSubject: Re: Hope you folks are all doing well............   Hope you folks are all doing well............ I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2020, 7:38 pm

Happy birthday Cliff. 39 forever, just like Jack Benney.
Back to top Go down
ve1arn
ve1arn

PostSubject: Re: Hope you folks are all doing well............   Hope you folks are all doing well............ I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2020, 4:03 am

Birthday? How 'bout dat? Hope it was a great one for you. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

PostSubject: Re: Hope you folks are all doing well............   Hope you folks are all doing well............ I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2020, 3:17 pm

Ya I have a sick mind (What Mind?) I am vacuuming a lot more. Got the dinning room table cleared off.
I brought out my Weller soldering iron (Wctp Style) solder, tools and such. I tried to repair a Solar Candle. Worked on cleaning the rust off of the stamp size circuit card. The wire is only AWG 30 and as I was working on it two of the wires decided it was too much movement and I didn't see where they were attached, A lot of holes but after trying I still didn't get it to work. A lot of cleaning up and tossing the stuff back in my radio room. Will get to replacing tools and such. I worked on it till about 2pm and gave up. Made several attempts and finally threw in the towel.

Well like I said the dinning table is clean and other than the Condiments and 7 radio books, ITS CLEAN!
I have vacuumed the house a few times, WARRR-SHED 🤡 the Dishes probably 3-4 times a week. Been taking Showers several times a week (well OK twice a week whether I need it or not. pale )

Mowed the Lawn, Ordered groceries From Walmart. Listening to the Radios and less TV. Been staying up late at night til 11 to 2pm some times. Been ordering radio books. Just got one today, titled S.Gernsback's Radio Encyclopedia 1927. Been working on my Excel Workbooks and reducing them a lot and consolidating sheets. I didn't realize how many I have study. Parts,books, electronic stuff,  in Excel (169 workbooks), and now I am getting ready to build a ACCESS Database.
Got my Stimulus covid-e deposit. sunny
Birthday today, so, (happy birthday to ME, happy birthday to ME,happy birthday to ME, happy birthday to ME!) Sleep
76 years - 14 hours and 21 minutes Rolling Eyes
Hey! I can take It. After being on this Forum, everything else is EasyPeasy.

ve1arn

PostSubject: Re: Hope you folks are all doing well............   Hope you folks are all doing well............ I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2020, 4:15 am

FrankB wrote:
Geez... A clean workbench/workshop is the sign of a sick mind. What a Face

I guess we can/should cut him a bit of slack here Frank. He did go through surgery and might not be as back to normal as he should be here. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Glad to see you're doing well here too. Wink
Back to top Go down
FrankB
FrankB

PostSubject: Re: Hope you folks are all doing well............   Hope you folks are all doing well............ I_icon_minitimeApril 14th 2020, 10:47 am

Geez... A clean workbench/workshop is the sign of a sick mind. What a Face

Cliff Hope you are doing well after the operation.
 AOK here mostly.
Finally cut gutters for the pump house & woodshed.Now have to put them up. 
 Cut the log lengthwise I saved to make a shaving horse. Need to finish that too. 

Really enjoying the sun, as are the cats. Taking lotsa breaks and resting.
Planning the antenna farm project for summer build if all goes well.
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

PostSubject: Re: Hope you folks are all doing well............   Hope you folks are all doing well............ I_icon_minitimeApril 14th 2020, 8:11 am

My professional Radio Knowledge not withstanding is:
It's Called Nervosa-Tidieness- Claustophobiaus-Antiquewiss lol!

ve1arn

PostSubject: Re: Hope you folks are all doing well............   Hope you folks are all doing well............ I_icon_minitimeApril 14th 2020, 3:56 am

Gee Cliff...... "Cleaning and organizing STUFF"? What is this term that you speak of? Very Happy 

I tried that once. Couldn't find anything anymore. Razz 

Still, good to know you're OK here.
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

PostSubject: Re: Hope you folks are all doing well............   Hope you folks are all doing well............ I_icon_minitimeApril 13th 2020, 6:53 pm

I have too much time on my hands, so I am actually Cleaning and organizing STUFF affraid

ve1arn

PostSubject: Re: Hope you folks are all doing well............   Hope you folks are all doing well............ I_icon_minitimeApril 13th 2020, 5:07 am

Hi Dan, glad to hear you're doing well. As I said earlier, folks like us with hobbies can fare a lot better than those without. As well, you folks out where you are were having a hard enough time as it is before the virus came along. Hope it gets better all around for you folks.

My biggest techi project here so far was taking my laptop apart to replace a dead CPU fan. While I was at it, I upped the RAM to 8gb from 4 and added a solid state drive. Next will be a replacement battery or rebuild the existing one. Laptop works pretty decent now.

Take care! Wink
Back to top Go down
Dan Walker
Senior Member 75+ Posts
Senior Member 75+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Hope you folks are all doing well............   Hope you folks are all doing well............ I_icon_minitimeApril 12th 2020, 7:46 pm

Up her in Alberta we are doing the best we can,considering they way things are
 I still have some radios to work on, but my supply is getting low.
 Today I finished a Spartan model 5349 and two days ago I did a GE
model  M53 and before that I recapped a  Victor 115.
 Tomorrow it will be a GE model 403, for a friend.
 Dan in Calgary
Back to top Go down
ve1arn
ve1arn

PostSubject: Hope you folks are all doing well............   Hope you folks are all doing well............ I_icon_minitimeApril 12th 2020, 6:00 pm

Hi all, hoping all is going as well as can be expected during the current events out there. Folks like us, with hobbies, do tend to fare a tad better than others who don't. Aside from missing my usual breakfast a couple of times a week at the local diner, nothing is really all that different.

I did have a friend message me that he was having a bit of a time coping with not going out, but nearly lost it when his cat asked him if he wanted the radio left on while he went out. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Have fun and take care folks!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hope you folks are all doing well............   Hope you folks are all doing well............ I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hope you folks are all doing well............
Page 1 of 1