ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

And Now For The Explorer

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
wildcat445
Technician
Technician
wildcat445

And Now For The Explorer Empty
PostSubject: Re: And Now For The Explorer   And Now For The Explorer I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2021 11:30 pm

The Mini does that.  "Random" is the selection.  I prefer that as well.  Like having WJJD back on the air with no commercials.

Visit us at "classichificare.com"
Back to top Go down
19&41
Technician
Technician
19&41

PostSubject: Re: And Now For The Explorer   And Now For The Explorer I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2021 2:53 pm

I edited my flash drive to have no album groupings nor sequence numbers so my receiver will play the drive at random.  I have found I prefer it that way, kind of like having a radio station who plays only what I like, in it's own order.  My new receiver has no GPS, but like my current unit, has bluetooth to let my phone do the navigating.

wildcat445
Technician
Technician
wildcat445

PostSubject: Re: And Now For The Explorer   And Now For The Explorer I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2021 11:54 am

We don't won a vehicle with GPS or a navigation system.  The 2015 Minis had backup cameras and I kinda like those.  Mine is a 2014 and the only year of the new body style not so equipped.  I ordered mine without all that connectivity nonsense because I figured I'd never use it and it was something else to go wrong.  They are always recalling the Mini for computer updates.  That makes me nervous.  I didn't do the last one.  I finally figured out how to plug one of those little black cockroaches (thumb drive) into the USB port and get music.  I have my entire music library, all 17 GB on this little black doodad, plugged into the dash of the Mini.  THAT is cool!  Over 27,000 songs if I can figure out how to tell the radio to play them.  The dipstick for the engine is in the radio.  The temp gauge is in the speedometer.  Nobody cares about charging.  It either is or it is broke.  The last time they did an update, the English lady in the radio who griped at me when I erred went away.  I had to take it back to the dealer to get her back, a trip of 60 miles round trip.  Our old TAhoe is so old, it is getting ready to vote.  It may run forever mechanically, but the electronics may pack up well before the mechanicals wear out.  The Tahoe was built in Arlington, TX.  That is the second Arlington-built Chevy product we've owned that has been good.  The Mini was built in Great Britain, by a German company, with Mexican interior, Italian tires and a Japanese electrical system.  BMW's maintenance schedule is bizarre.

Back to top Go down
19&41
Technician
Technician
19&41

PostSubject: Re: And Now For The Explorer   And Now For The Explorer I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2021 12:14 am

A 2010 limited.  It had 95k on it when I got it.  I got it not long after donating the Mustang.

wildcat445
Technician
Technician
wildcat445

PostSubject: Re: And Now For The Explorer   And Now For The Explorer I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2021 11:19 pm

What year Explorer?  Is that the one you got when you sold your Mustang?

Back to top Go down
19&41
Technician
Technician
19&41

PostSubject: Re: And Now For The Explorer   And Now For The Explorer I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2021 10:50 pm

Got a keep alive setup for the vehicle's memory while the battery is disconnected.  It has a 9V battery connector wired to a cigar lighter plug.  I just have to work out some time when it isn't hotter than u no what to do the work.

19&41
Technician
Technician
19&41

PostSubject: And Now For The Explorer   And Now For The Explorer I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2021 4:09 pm

The Explorer's receiver and navigation unit had the GPS links cut the first of this year and as opposed to having a useless drifting map taking the monitor up, I thought I would get a new radio for it, with AM/FM/SAT reception and USB input.  They sent complete instructions on how to disassemble the console and disrobe the dash center to get to the radio.  As an added bonus, when I had to get a new set of tires installed after having a wall cut on one, I was informed that the passenger rear wheel was out of round on the inner rim end.  I've had to pull it to have the repairers reform the wheel.  The people who installed my tires tightened them so tight none of the impact wrenches there could budge the nuts.  I had to take it back to where I had the tires installed to have them loosened and properly torqued.  They swore they loosened them with a 2 ft. breaker bar. Now I will have to take the car back to the tire joint to get the other nuts retorqued.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: And Now For The Explorer   And Now For The Explorer I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

And Now For The Explorer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB :: General Chatting Forum-
Jump to: