ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications

WTB philco mystety control radio chassis or stepper Word is Censored

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

WTB philco mystety control radio chassis or stepper Word is Censored  Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTB philco mystety control radio chassis or stepper Word is Censored    WTB philco mystety control radio chassis or stepper Word is Censored  I_icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2024, 3:13 pm

There was a mention of the spring, could be a culprit of the tension being too weak.

Beginning Member

PostSubject: Philco mystery control set   WTB philco mystety control radio chassis or stepper Word is Censored  I_icon_minitimeJuly 18th 2024, 6:48 pm

Hey there I have been working on the set for awhile now. I have replaced all the brittle wire, recapped the whole set, replaced any out of spec resistors, also replaced the thyrotron tube and any other tubes that needed replacing. My remote has been cleaned and capacitor and resistor replaced inside. The problem I am having is with the stepper Word is Censored on the radio itself. It will not return home or operate correctly. I was finally able to get it moving after much cleaning and lubrication but something is still not right and there is not much out there in troubleshooting info because it was recommended to send back to the philco factory when it malfunctioned. This is why I am looking for a parts chassis.
Andrew
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

PostSubject: Re: WTB philco mystety control radio chassis or stepper Word is Censored    WTB philco mystety control radio chassis or stepper Word is Censored  I_icon_minitimeJuly 18th 2024, 4:26 pm

There were some Remote controls on EBay.
I don't know what Web pages you looked at, but there's not too many. I did find these if you haven't looked at them.
There's a detailed explanation on YouTube.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
-------------------------------
----------------------------
Philco Mystery Control: Theory and Operation

------------------------------------------

Beitman 3(1940) page 90-91
---------------------------
Riders Vol 12 page26
Now I know how they work.
You haven't really told us what work has already that you've done.
So More Details would help.
Have you tested the Voltages? Tubes? Cleaned the contacts, replaced the paper Caps. Adjusted the remote's frequency?

Beginning Member

PostSubject: WTB philco mystety control radio chassis or stepper Word is Censored    WTB philco mystety control radio chassis or stepper Word is Censored  I_icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2024, 8:18 pm

Hello there all,
I have been working on a Philco mystery control set 40-217 and have hit a standstill as I cannot get my stepper and it's relays to operate correctly . I am now looking for a parts chassis with a operational stepper unit or just the stepper unit itself. I am hoping someone may have just what I need and I can finish up this project.

Thank you!!
Andrew
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WTB philco mystety control radio chassis or stepper Word is Censored    WTB philco mystety control radio chassis or stepper Word is Censored  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WTB philco mystety control radio chassis or stepper Word is Censored
Page 1 of 1