ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

Hand and power tools

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

Hand and power tools Empty
PostSubject: Homemade thump-er (tapper) for intermittent radios   Hand and power tools I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2012, 7:07 pm

Hint:

A safe way to check for bad tubes that are either microphonic or shorting, wires that are not soldered, or cols solder joints, switches, controls is to make this tool. Take a pencil, remove the metal cap that holds the eraser on the end. Now find or purchase some small rubber grommets or thick rubber washers, be sure the inside diameter is a tiny bit smaller than the outside diameter of the pencil, slide several onto the pencil bottom with a little space between each. You can also use a Bic pen with grommets also. Turn the radio on (after it has been removed from the case of course) and Just start tapping everything until you find the area that causes noisy or intermittent problems, then do a visual inspection after you disconnect the radio.

Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

Hand and power tools Empty
PostSubject: Hand and power tools   Hand and power tools I_icon_minitimeDecember 6th 2010, 11:25 pm

tools used to repair and fabricate

Last edited by Cliff Jones on March 6th 2014, 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Hand and power tools
Page 1 of 1