ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

Written communication

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Written communication Empty
PostSubject: Written communication   Written communication I_icon_minitimeJanuary 1st 2014, 6:34 am

The original poster in the exchange linked below just cannot seem to make himself clear. He wants to know about possible use of now abandoned AM frequencies, such as the old police band, which are provided for in many antique receivers. Good question but he gets bombarded with replies about SWL, need for antennas, what can be listened to on nearby frequencies, how frequencies appear on amateur transmitters, etc., etc. He repeats his original question several times but the non sequitur replies continue. Having experienced this kind of thing myself, I can readily commiserate.

Also note that he has to invoke an apparently uncooperative wife in reply to a suggestion about installing an inside antenna. I've made clear my position about uncooperative wives in pursuit of the antique radio hobby in several previous posts. . . .

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Written communication
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB :: General Chatting Forum-
Jump to: