ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

Help me Identify and Put Values to Dad's Stuff?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

Help me Identify and Put Values to Dad's Stuff? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help me Identify and Put Values to Dad's Stuff?   Help me Identify and Put Values to Dad's Stuff? I_icon_minitimeMay 20th 2014, 12:36 am

Triplet Model 2002 Voltage Meter (looks like a camera in a leather case;) $5-$10
I have one more of a conversation piece.
Box of Radio Vacuum Tubes (about two dozen loose and several in boxes;)if as new then 50 cents to $10 for Radio tubes. TV tubes aren't worth much.

Radio in Handmade (?) Wooden Case, Tongue-and-Groove Corners (small -- like 5 x 7 x 7)
Not much without the original case $10-$15, probably a kit. If it was a large count tube set then that may bring more (10-12 tubes) in complete operating condition.

Tube Tester, Model 151 (with 47 pp. Operating Manual) May bring $15 -$30 doesn't do a lot. If its an inexpensive Accurate brand

for U.S. Army Signal Corps Tube Socket Adapter Kit, MX-949A/U (with 68 pp. "Department of the Army Technical Bulletin, Department of the Air Force Technical Order: Tube Test Data Cards for use with Tube Testers I-177, I-177A, I-177B, and with Tube Sock Adaptor Kit MX-949/U," dated October 16, 1952.) Now that could be worth a bit more for military users. Maybe $25-$50 or more if the right buyer wants it bad.

Help me Identify and Put Values to Dad's Stuff? Empty
PostSubject: Help me Identify and Put Values to Dad's Stuff?   Help me Identify and Put Values to Dad's Stuff? I_icon_minitimeMay 19th 2014, 8:52 pm

My dad collected and worked on tube radios back in the 50s.  After his passing, some equipment sat in storage until now.  I need to find good homes for this material, but have NO knowledge in the subject area.  How can I get reliable information regarding the value of his items, and where would be a good place to sell these?  (I do have an Ebay account, but need to know what I am talking about.)

The list of items is as follows:
Triplet Model 2002 Voltage Meter (looks like a camera in a leather case;)
Box of Radio Vacuum Tubes (about two dozen loose and several in boxes;)
Radio in Handmade (?) Wooden Case, Tongue-and-Groove Corners (small -- like 5 x 7 x 7)
Tube Tester, Model 151 (with 47 pp. Operating Manual)
U.S. Army Signal Corps Tube Socket Adapter Kit, MX-949A/U (with 68 pp. "Department of the Army Technical Bulletin, Department of the Air Force Technical Order:  Tube Test Data Cards for use with Tube Testers I-177, I-177A, I-177B, and with Tube Sock Adaptor Kit MX-949/U," dated October 16, 1952.)

Thank you all!
Margaret
Back to top Go down

Help me Identify and Put Values to Dad's Stuff?
Page 1 of 1