ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

Alert *** Alert. - All Members

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
FrankB
FrankB

Alert *** Alert. - All Members Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alert *** Alert. - All Members   Alert *** Alert. - All Members I_icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2015, 1:48 pm

Good Advice Cliff.
Also never follow "posted links" by new users. They often lead to spam & viruses.
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

Alert *** Alert. - All Members Empty
PostSubject: Alert *** Alert. - All Members   Alert *** Alert. - All Members I_icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2015, 4:09 pm

I remembered that our moderators brought up a question of new members being non-registered when joining. I would receive email notices of new members, but the enclosed link would always say unregistered.

This was always a curiosity to me,  and I attributed it to not posting after joining.

This last several weeks, I was at the ARF forum, and there was the same issue being discussed. The general gist was hackers bypassing protocols and sending pm's of the same wording to wtb, saying I have that, please send me your EMAIL for transaction. Looks like this is just a ploy to garner EMAILS.

THANKS!
Remember you don't have to use Emails, you are safer using PMs.
That way I have their Email that they joined with, and I also have their Internet address, and server, and location, for security proposes.

Always be Leary of new members, without a proven track record, of previous posts!

Alert *** Alert. - All Members
Page 1 of 1