ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

Philips Chassis B7X94A

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

Philips Chassis B7X94A Empty
PostSubject: Re: Philips Chassis B7X94A   Philips Chassis B7X94A I_icon_minitimeFebruary 16th 2016, 10:20 pm

I have seen tuning drums an a few American sets with gears around the outer circumference, and springs in the middle that act as a tension between the tuning disks (drum ), it acts as shock absorber, so the dial pointer doesn't have slack in the dial string, or abruptly slam into the end of the dial.

So in case the alignment of the dial is off, it may be that the dial string is too loose. The dial pointer in most cases has a small dent on the dial track or a tiny mark on the dial somewhere. This mark is used to set the pointer for correct calibration. It also might be that the pointer is sliding on the string. Once the pointer is aligned correctly, a little bit of glue is applied to the pointer and string to keep the string or pointer bound.

That's my understanding of your problem anyway.

Philips Chassis B7X94A Empty
PostSubject: Philips Chassis B7X94A   Philips Chassis B7X94A I_icon_minitimeFebruary 16th 2016, 9:03 am

Chassis had a broken tuning drum i fixed it but now new issue that it doesn't stop at the end of dial and two half gears with spring looses all alignment,any solution or source of parts will be very help full,
Thanks,
Back to top Go down

Philips Chassis B7X94A
Page 1 of 1