ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

newbee needs help w/HALLICRAFTERS S-120 E-CAPS

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

newbee needs help w/HALLICRAFTERS S-120 E-CAPS Empty
PostSubject: Re: newbee needs help w/HALLICRAFTERS S-120 E-CAPS   newbee needs help w/HALLICRAFTERS S-120 E-CAPS I_icon_minitimeAugust 15th 2016, 6:59 pm

Steve! Did you solve your capacitor issue? Haven't heard from you. Hope it Helped!

Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

PostSubject: Re: newbee needs help w/HALLICRAFTERS S-120 E-CAPS   newbee needs help w/HALLICRAFTERS S-120 E-CAPS I_icon_minitimeMay 24th 2016, 5:53 pm

OiIf Mmm
U
First off you need to use a schematic.
Download this manual. 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Please only use reply, do not start another topic. I combined all 3 of your topics into one.
----------
Ok, now look at the schematic, it shows where each of those colored wires go.
1. The red wire connects between R21 and R 22. That is 60ufd (+ side)
2. The yellow wires connect to R23 ( one yellow to one side of that resistor, 40ufd (+ side) and the other yellow wire (another  40ufd capacitor + side) connects to the opposite side of R23.

3. The black wire goes to ( B - ) so all the negative capacitor terminals are tied to the same spot that the original black wire was tied to. ( be sure to use some insulation on each wire to prevent shorts.)

That schematic shows the capacitor just above the bottom of the printed notes.
So if you replace that capacitor the replacements should have each + connection going to the same place that the colored wires went to.

I just noticed it's a 4 unit capacitor, the last being 20ufd. There should be a total of 5 wires not 4. Unless that was a replacement cap and didn't use the smallest. I will go back to the schematics to see.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
The 20ufd 25volt cap ( C 31 d ) has a blue ( + ) lead, it connects to 50C5 final audio amp tube, anode and it's negative also goes to the B-.

So here's what you need. All electrolytic's.
1 60ufd 200-250volt 
2 40ufd 200-250volts
1 20ufd 25-50volt
You can use the original voltages but I would suggest the higher voltages that I listed.
Hope this helps.

PostSubject: bottom of Hallicrafters s-120 orange E-CAP can   newbee needs help w/HALLICRAFTERS S-120 E-CAPS I_icon_minitimeMay 24th 2016, 11:08 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: newbee needs help w/HALLICRAFTERS S-120 E-CAPS   newbee needs help w/HALLICRAFTERS S-120 E-CAPS I_icon_minitimeMay 24th 2016, 11:06 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: newbee needs help w/HALLICRAFTERS S-120 E-CAPS   newbee needs help w/HALLICRAFTERS S-120 E-CAPS I_icon_minitimeMay 24th 2016, 11:02 am

I AM A NEWBEE.....I AM TRYING TO REPLACE THE ORANGE E-CAPACITOR CAN ON TOP OF MY HALLICRAFTERS S-120. CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHICH E-CAPS TO USE AND TO WHAT WIRES THEY SHOULD BE ATTACHED TO? I WILL LEAVE THE CAN ON TOP BUT SNIP WIRES ON BOTTOM. WHAT E-CAPS AND WHICH WIRES DO THEY GO TO? THANK YOU ALL!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: newbee needs help w/HALLICRAFTERS S-120 E-CAPS   newbee needs help w/HALLICRAFTERS S-120 E-CAPS I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

newbee needs help w/HALLICRAFTERS S-120 E-CAPS
Page 1 of 1