ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

Radiomusium now has schematics free

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Radiomusium now  has schematics free Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiomusium now has schematics free   Radiomusium now  has schematics free I_icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2016, 1:05 am

I am looking for schematics for the radio Ekco U764.

Thank You.
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

Radiomusium now  has schematics free Empty
PostSubject: Radiomusium now has schematics free   Radiomusium now  has schematics free I_icon_minitimeSeptember 11th 2016, 10:20 am

I have received permission to post this from Ernst

You will have to still comply with the RadioMuseum rules. There is a limit. It's a wonderful resource, so I encourage you to support them financially, and also contribute schematics, owners manuals, ect.

Ernst Erb
 Post subject: Radiomuseum schematics available to nonmembers at no cost
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:33 am 

Yes, you read that correctly! Even if you are not a member of http://www.radiomuseum.org, you may now download any of the 700,000 pages of schematics and service literature available on the site. These downloadable pages are marked to indicate they have been downloaded from Radiomuseum for your personal use, and we ask that they not be reposted on other websites.

It looks like we now have enough content presented in a highly organized fashion with good search tools that Radiomuseum can be self-sustaining. Most of the roughly 270,000 model pages include photos and/or schematics. While we still have great need of additional content, and the quality of what we have isn’t by any means perfect, I think it has now reached a critical mass. We can now relax the elaborate “point” system (UACS) we have had in place for members, which enabled downloading based on the amount of material a member had uploaded. New members, and members who never uploaded anything, were previously limited to downloading only 66 schematics. Now these limits are being relaxed.

Downloading is done in the usual way from model pages at Radiomuseum. See here to learn more about Radiomuseum, including a helpful tutorial on how to use the website:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (Radiomuseum Tutorial).  
The only difference in downloading for nonmembers is that instead of the document being downloaded directly to a new browser window, you are asked to provide your name and email address, and the requested document is then sent to you as an attached file in an email.

Nonmembers may download up to three documents in a single day, or up to ten documents per month.
Each downloaded page will have a “Contact” link on it so that feedback can be provided in case of errors. Constructive criticism is always welcome from anyone who really wants to help.
Additional background information and help can be found in this additional thread:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (Radiomuseum Fact and Fiction).

To make Radiomuseum a self-sustaining operation without further subsidy from me, we are allowing Google Ad-Sense ads to appear on the site. We will continue to avoid allowing any kind of aggressive or annoying pop-up advertising. The Google ads we are allowing on the site will only be activated if you click on them. When people click on the ads, Radiomuseum will receive a few cents each time. We’ll be testing this approach to see whether it can adequately support the site, and make adjustments in the future if necessary.

We also do not plan to make changes to our fees for members. There will still be only a one time registration fee for those who wish to become members. We have no plans to move toward annual membership fees. Likewise, we have never sought financial donations. The one time fee can still be waived by telling us wanting to be active. For good reasons it will still not be easy to join since we demand a real postal address and name and send a postal envelope, not allowing false names and avatars. 

An endeavor like Radiomuseum is really only worthwhile if it can eventually support itself and outlive its founder. At some point, Radiomuseum will have to survive on its own without me. The actions we are now taking should help make this possible. What we miss is more active administrators and directors from the biggest base, the USA.

Our most active member in the USA is John Kusching. In addition to being a board member of the foundation for Radiomuseum, he has uploaded more than 110,000 (!) pages of schematics in the last few years. The content he has uploaded has been of outstanding quality and has really helped make the information we have available for many models and brands much more complete. For all this work, our thanks are due!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Top [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  

Radiomusium now has schematics free
Page 1 of 1