ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

What books would help do radio repairs

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
FrankB
FrankB

What books would help do radio repairs Empty
PostSubject: Re: What books would help do radio repairs   What books would help do radio repairs I_icon_minitimeJanuary 15th 2023, 1:19 am

Claude- Most of the Sams early manuals generally had schematics for AA5 radios. Riders Radio Manuals did also.

Just about any AA5 schematic will do, no mater if uses octal or miniature tubes, as most of the miniature types used in radios were scaled down octal types.

Some of the earlier RCA tube manuals always included a schematic for an AA5.
 Many of the schematics are free online. IIRC, Sams gave up the copyrights on manuals before 600. And the Riders are free online also. Nostalgia Aire has them for free download.
Back to top Go down
Claude Bourgeois
Beginning Member

PostSubject: Re: What books would help do radio repairs   What books would help do radio repairs I_icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2023, 8:55 pm

Where could I find the schematic of an all American five radio with typical voltage values?
Thanks!!
Claude
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

PostSubject: Re: What books would help do radio repairs   What books would help do radio repairs I_icon_minitimeOctober 29th 2016, 3:07 pm

Here's one of many web sites that offer free PDFs. 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

FrankB

PostSubject: Re: What books would help do radio repairs   What books would help do radio repairs I_icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2016, 11:54 pm

I might add to the list many of the Rider's publications. They originally came with the Perpetual Radio Troubleshooting Manuals, and are often found separately.
Sams also made mini- lessons that came in the POM folders, only by subscription.

I also recommend The Radio Troubleshooters Manual by Gharardi.

Any of the pre- 1965 ARRL Handbooks are great too.
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

PostSubject: What books would help do radio repairs   What books would help do radio repairs I_icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2016, 10:20 am

There are many books and manuals that address radio repairing and troubleshooting. However, keep in mind that a knowledge of radio theory is essential, so electronics theory is the backbone of understanding how a radio performs will make it simpler and easier to repair.

One book I would suggest is Practical Radio Servicing, by Markus & Levy  Published by McGRAW HILL.

PostSubject: Re: What books would help do radio repairs   What books would help do radio repairs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What books would help do radio repairs
Page 1 of 1