ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

Should I Really join Facebook?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
wildcat445
Technician
Technician
wildcat445

Should I Really join Facebook? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should I Really join Facebook?   Should I Really join Facebook? I_icon_minitimeOctober 4th 2017, 5:56 pm

No way will I do Facebook!

Remember the party lines back in the 1950"s?  Grandma would hear a certain "ring" pick up the receiver, cover it with her hand so nobody could hear her and she would get filled in on all the latest gossip.  Good, God-fearing church-going ladies who would not have said s**t if they had a truck full, gossiping and gouging each other (or somebody not on their party line!) and talking like hay hands all the while.  Facebook is the party line of the modern era.  People are addicted to those silly cell phones.  I have one, but about the only person I talk to is my wife.  After I "butt dial" her.  She yells at me on my cell phone, in my pocket.  People look at me like I'd daft, walking around with some crazy lady cussing in my pocket!

My wife and I hosted Christmas last.  We requested that people leave their phones at home or in the car.  Do not come if you were not willing to spend time with the family without your damned phone.  Everybody showed up.  The only electronic item we used in the house was my Magnavox Imperial, playing Perry Como music.  People know when they come to my house to leave their phone in the car.

Visit us at "classichificare.com"
Back to top Go down
19&41
Technician
Technician
19&41

PostSubject: Re: Should I Really join Facebook?   Should I Really join Facebook? I_icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2017, 12:17 pm

I have a Galaxy S4.  I don't want facebook as I don't want an entity to have access to my life and I doubt I would use it much.  My phone has a google maps based GPS feature that has been very handy.  as Long as I have or can find the address to the distant end, I can get there.  Plus working in a RF screen room, I don't get bothered at work much.My home phone has call forwarding and text alerts if calls.  I am learning it's ways as I go.  And Dan, you are giving your family the gift of proper manners,  Something that will benefit them for years to come.

Dan Walker
Senior Member 75+ Posts
Senior Member 75+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Should I Really join Facebook?   Should I Really join Facebook? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 28th 2017, 7:56 pm

I don't have a cellular phone, and I don't intend on getting one
I have lived with out one for 72 years and if someone want to contact me  they can leave a message.
  I believe it was Albert Einstein who said ''if technology keeps going the way it is , we will end up with a bunch of blithering idiots''. We are well on our way.
 People don't talk to each other any more.
When my kids and grandkids come over I tell them  '' put away your cell phones, ''you came to see me and if you want to talk to other people,, go see them.
 They understand where I come from.
 Dan in Calgary
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

PostSubject: Re: Should I Really join Facebook?   Should I Really join Facebook? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 28th 2017, 2:15 pm

Had a cell phone, quit using it, and facebook too, tired of"Oh look at my game score or I have so many friends." Betcha the friends all disappear when money is needed.

Technician
Technician
MEZLAW

PostSubject: Should I Really join Facebook?   Should I Really join Facebook? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 27th 2017, 3:52 pm

When I bought my Blackberry, I thought about the 30-year business I ran with 1800 employees, all without a cell phone that plays music, takes videos, pictures and communicates with Facebook and Twitter.
I signed up, under duress, for Twitter and Facebook, so my seven kids, their spouses, my 13 grand kids and 2 great- grand-kids could communicate with me in the modern way. I figured I could handle something as simple as Twitter with only 140 characters of space.
My phone was beeping every three minutes with the details of everything except the bowel movements of the entire next generation. I am not ready to live like this. I keep my cell phone in the garage in my golf bag.
The kids bought me a GPS for my last birthday because they say I get lost every now and then going over to the grocery store or library. I keep that in a box under my tool bench with the Bluetooth [it's red] phone I am supposed to use when I drive. I wore it once and was standing in line at Barnes and Noble talking to my wife and everyone in the nearest 50 yards was glaring at me. I had to take my hearing aid out to use it, and I got a little
loud.
I mean, the GPS looked pretty smart on my dash board, but the lady inside that gadget was the most annoying, rudest person I had run into in a long time. Every 10 minutes, she would sarcastically say, "Re-calc-u-lating.” You would think that she could be nicer. It was like she could barely tolerate me. She would let go with a deep sigh and then tell me to make a U-turn at the next light. Then, if I made a right turn instead. Well, it was not a good relationship...
When I get really lost now, I call my wife and tell her the name of the cross streets and, while she is starting to develop the same tone as Gypsy, the GPS lady, at least she loves me.
To be perfectly frank, I am still trying to learn how to use the cordless phones in our house. We have had them for 4 years, but I still haven't figured out how I lose three phones all at once and have to run around digging under chair cushions, checking bathrooms, and the dirty laundry baskets when the phone rings. The world is just getting too complex for me.
They even mess me up every time I go to the grocery store. You would think they could settle on something themselves, but this sudden "Paper or Plastic?" Every time I check out, just knocks me for a loop. I bought some of those cloth reusable bags to avoid looking confused, but I never remember to take them with me. Now I toss it back to them..
When they ask me, "Paper or plastic?" I just say, "Doesn't matter to me. I am bi-sacksual." Then it's their turn to stare at me with a blank look.
I was recently asked if I tweet. I answered, No, but I do fart a lot."
We senior citizens don't need any more gadgets. The TV remote and the garage door remote are about all we can handle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should I Really join Facebook?   Should I Really join Facebook? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Should I Really join Facebook?
Page 1 of 1