ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

New Members Please introduce yourself.

Go down 
+32
bzadel
rulene
RandyT
ThomasB
jesse.law
kend
Hydrolastic
Rogm1017
Warren Follweiter
ronnie667
zandy1
Gar
jbwaddell17
Lonney
chas
binkeyhb
Rod Clay
POTS Don
Dan Walker
Cliff Jones
dspwku
pbpp
radiorich
19&41
wildcat445
reyesfa
MEZLAW
willy3486
FrankB
bluebuzzer123
SWsenior
ve1arn
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage

New Members Please introduce yourself. - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: New member intro..   New Members Please introduce yourself. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2011, 11:05 am

First topic message reminder :

Hi folks,
I'm David, I live in Canberra, Down Under, and confess a love of valve gear.
Specifically guitar amps, and have joined the site to further my slowly growing knowledge..
I'm also on a steep learning curve for valve testers - just gained a Jackson 637 and am trying to learn about it and am planning to service it B4 testing my growing collection of valves..
I don't know a whole lot about radio's per se, but pls don't hold that against me..LOL
I'll chime in probably infrequently, but have bookmarked the site and will call back regularly.
Cheers, David
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
wildcat445
Technician
Technician

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   New Members Please introduce yourself. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2014, 3:15 pm

Hi, Frank. Hi, Mezlaw. Good to see you guys here! Did you ever get your radio fixed, Frank?

WC
Back to top Go down
MEZLAW
Technician
Technician
MEZLAW

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   New Members Please introduce yourself. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2014, 11:54 am

Welcome Frank, good to see you here also!  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
MEZLAW
Technician
Technician
MEZLAW

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   New Members Please introduce yourself. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2014, 11:54 am

Welcome Wildcat, good to see you here!  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   New Members Please introduce yourself. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2014, 8:10 am

Hi my name is Frank. I am semi new to radio and radio repairs. I remember as a kid my parents and grand parents listen to the radio, especially my mother brother he loved to following the St Louis Cardinals on the radio. Since I have retired I though it would be good to get involved in another hobby. My main hobby is Metal detecting and have been doing that for about 22+ years.

Frank
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   New Members Please introduce yourself. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2014, 6:03 pm

Welcome cheers 

Technician
Technician
wildcat445

PostSubject: I'm the new guy   New Members Please introduce yourself. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2014, 5:55 pm

I look forward to working with you all here. I am into anything with tubes in it, really, but I have a collection of Magnavox stereos of which is an kinda proud. Hopefully, there will be room for a phonograph guy on here. Best regards to you all.

WC
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   New Members Please introduce yourself. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeJuly 30th 2014, 6:42 pm

Welcome to each one, please contribute anything you can, it will help in getting to know what your interests are. We have many topics to delve into. Don't be shy. We like to advise and share knowledge, hints and repair experiences.

PostSubject: New member   New Members Please introduce yourself. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeJuly 30th 2014, 12:47 am

rajasurian, from Malaysia.
Interested in antique radios.
would like to share knowledge in antique radios and also learn.
Anyone can contact me at Johnson114(at)hotmaildotcom.

Thanks.

Last edited by Cliff Jones on July 30th 2014, 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : prevent spammers)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: New User   New Members Please introduce yourself. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 3rd 2014, 9:02 pm

Name: Mike
User Name: mikeg52
Where did you get your username? first name, last initial, year born
Birthday: October 12
Interests: Zenith tube radios
Education: Electrician, 38 year employee of AT&T (retired line supervisor) Self taught electronics (tube type radios)  cheers 
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   New Members Please introduce yourself. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeDecember 29th 2013, 9:32 pm

Welcome Another new old guy!
We have some useful topics you may be intrested in, so jump right in.

PostSubject: Another new old guy   New Members Please introduce yourself. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeDecember 11th 2013, 3:30 pm

Hello from Shiloh, Illinois USA EM58 (if I remember right) I'm aka "oldgoaly" on other forums, all around junk collector, old radios, test equipment, tools, old cars, old trucks, old motorcycles, old etc.....  Shocked 
Only one "old lady" KA9ZAV resale isn't as good on these as other old stuff! Not real active on the radio, but need to take some quality time and play with them!  What a Face  Thanks for having me! 73! de KA9YZS
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   New Members Please introduce yourself. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeOctober 27th 2013, 9:16 am

Welcome from another new member. I like your website, Steve, and have bought some schematics there, too.
Test equipment is one of my favorite subjects and I like to work on the equipment, make probes, modifications, etc., too.
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   New Members Please introduce yourself. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeOctober 26th 2013, 7:59 pm

Hello Steve, I have seen many of your posts, and as always its a pleasure to read them, so welcome, and make yourself right at home. With your knowledge, you will be a real asset to our forum.

PostSubject: New to this forum   New Members Please introduce yourself. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeOctober 26th 2013, 5:41 pm

Browsed here a few times but figured I better join. Started collecting radios when I was a kid but am mostly interested in vintage test equipment and it's history now and puttering around on my workbench.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   New Members Please introduce yourself. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeOctober 9th 2013, 7:27 pm

Hi, all!

Name: Rob
User Name: Radioactive
Where did you get your username? Radio active...get it?
Birthday: A long time ago
Interests: Mostly AM receivers--but anything with a power cord will do.
Hobbies: Electronics, air rifles and air rifle tuning and repair. Jeeps, cars, miscellaneous outdoor sports, reading.
Please feel free to reply with additional information if you feel its relevant to us getting to know you as a friend: Went to electronics school in the early '80s...telecommunications school in the mid '80s. Former Master Electrician--industrial. Later earned BS at ISU and currently working as a Manufacturing Engineer. I am into all kinds of hobbies. I rotate through them and come back. If I disappear from radio forums...I'm into something else for a while but always come back.

Member of two other vintage radio/electronics forums and Radiomuseum.org

PS Big time test equipment geek!
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   New Members Please introduce yourself. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeOctober 4th 2013, 9:02 pm

I would suspect the switches first thing, I have noticed the same thing using my scope, but haven't delved into it yet. Most were used by schools so wear and tear maybe the culprit. Try using some Cramolin on the switches. And also the connectors. If they were worked on by students then solder connections and broken or intermittents would be suspicious.

Welcome to our Forum. I do have some of the manuals that I bought from ECI, yes they are still in business and will sell them to you if needed. I haven't looked at mine in quite some time, AH well another project for my list.

Let us know what you decide to do by posting it in our test equipment section.

PostSubject: New to board   New Members Please introduce yourself. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeOctober 4th 2013, 6:45 pm

Hello there,

Name: Doug
User Name: Electech
Where did you get your username? Occupation - CNC Repair Tech
Birthday: Couple few ago?
Interests: Electronics projects and repairs of all kinds
Hobbies: Model engine Builder, Micro-controllers, Jeeps, Motorcycles and general tinkering.

Current interest is to repair an old cheap AM radio for the experience and Dear old Dad. I did prove the audio section is functional, so onto the RF. In that attempt, I went to try using my ECI 40500 RF generator, and it does not put out RF. The Signal Generator half still works, but the RF nada or very weak on the scope. In my search for schematics and info on it led me here. In order to fix the radio, now I need to fix the RF Generator.Razz Embarassed I read Cliff may have some experience with these RFG's?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: New member, Refugee of ARF   New Members Please introduce yourself. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 18th 2013, 2:18 pm

Hello to everyone, I just joined or rejoined this forum, I'm a refugee from ARF, (partial comment removed ).
My name is Ron my amateur call is W4RON.
If you're interested you can visit my antique radio collection here, you can search for Ron's Radio Heaven since
I can't post an active link since I'm a newbe...

73, Ron w4ron

Last edited by Cliff Jones on August 16th 2014, 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Comments edited by admin.)
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   New Members Please introduce yourself. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeAugust 15th 2013, 7:49 pm

If your asking me I decided on a Samsung printer. Sorry if I didn't mention it. I have set it up for wireless and its slow responding but once it starts printing its 20 pages per minute.

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   New Members Please introduce yourself. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeAugust 15th 2013, 4:10 pm

OOPS: Sitn here, did you receive the info on the toner for your Brother printer?
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   New Members Please introduce yourself. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeAugust 15th 2013, 11:52 am

Samd wrote:
New member here, Sam, also from the Puget Sound area. Wondering what people thought about the PSARA swap meet a few weeks ago. I was a bit disappointed compared to years past but liked the weather and location.

Nice site, Cliff; I'll be spending more time here!

Sam
Sam they have monthly meetings that have a small turnout, But I have never seen a small one in the big august event. That will be this coming Sunday Aug 18 9am-1pm at shoreline community college, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

PostSubject: toner   New Members Please introduce yourself. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeAugust 13th 2013, 8:23 pm

Did you get the info on the toner for your printer?

sitn8) 
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   New Members Please introduce yourself. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeAugust 13th 2013, 11:47 am

Welcome!
Good to hear about your life experiences. Jump in at any time, the waters fine as it were.

PostSubject: New Member   New Members Please introduce yourself. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeAugust 12th 2013, 3:23 am

Greetings,

I came into this world on February 9, 1943 (age 70), with the name of Michael Sitton (Mike), nick name of Fuzzy since I sport a rather fuzzy beard. Have been for about 35 years! OK, my user name is sitn, a contraction of my sir name. I presently reside in the beautiful state of Magnolia trees, pine, and others of note, which happens to be Mississippi. A few miles from the great metropolitan area of Osyka. (only a few hundred, if that many) folks, on the state line of Louisiana. The nearest town of any size is Progress, which consist of a couple of houses, library (my wife is the librarian), and a fire volunteer station. I live in a relatively new house of 13 years old across the lane of my grandparents home which is over 100 years of age. I have another place of about 50 acres 10 miles away outside of Tylertown, Mississippi. I am retired but have a small machine shop on that property.

As I said, I am retired, or retarded as some put it, from the broadcast tube rebuilding industry. I had worked in all aspects of the company including running the in plant machine shop. I built and maintained most of the equipment that was used in the plant. My uncle W. T. (Bill) Freeland started the business in 1940, and built tubes for one of the major broadcasting company's during world war II for our government.

My interest in radio stems back into the 1950's as a snotty nosed kid, in Cisco, Texas. Have worked in a TV shop there as well as in the printing industry, of which my father and his brother owned for several years. As of late, I have been taking the radio collecting and restoration hobby more seriously. Of course, there are a lot of aspects to this that I am finding more challenging than I had ever thought of. There are the ones who like to leave there old radios looking as they find them and those who like to spend untold amounts of money on them. I kind of like the in-between part. Make them look decent and work well. I am not a purist when it comes to making something look better than new. All my life has been devoted to get the thing working so the job at hand can go on, and there will be no idle folks standing around. One of my other hobbies for years has been firearms. I am no expert there either. The latest hobby I can boast of, is my unfinished 1930 Ford Model A five window coupe. Need to finish the interior and rumble seat for it to be entered into the local parades and so on.

I guess you have been bored enough now, so I will refrain from any more banter and get down to business of old radio's of antiquity.

sitn
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   New Members Please introduce yourself. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeAugust 1st 2013, 12:27 pm

Welcome Dave, I am glad to see another radio aficionado on board!

PostSubject: Nice place to be!   New Members Please introduce yourself. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeAugust 1st 2013, 12:23 pm

Hi all, I'm a new member, and so I thought I'd share something. I'm an amateur radio operator, not too active with the sun spot cycle the way it's been lately...Been playing around with radio since the age of 10, and my first was an old Bendix table top AA5 with clock/timer and outlet. Learned really fast about inductive rf coupling when I convinced a friend to shinny up a 110 foot tall white pine and hang my very first long wire antenna...think I must have been about 11 then. That was 44 years ago! Anyway, with a bit of wire and a loop, and placing it near the ole Bendix loop on the rear, RADIO CAME TO LIFE! I began logging stations with thumbtacks on a map of the USA..then I was getting Bonair at 800 on the dial...and wondered just how far away I could recieve AM stations! My Uncle Dwight, WB8WAJ (SK) pushed me into Ham Radio, and by the time I was 16, finally had my Novice license. After building some Heathkits, and experimenting with more antennas, I decided that electronics would be my career, which it has been, for 30 plus years. I have a love for German table sets, from the late 50's and also some old odd balls, like the Teledials, and the wonderful RCA 816K! The "Magic Brain" motorized tuning systems of the day were quite amazing.
I still love tinkering with electronics, some programming, and other odds and ends. Dipped into some FM Dxing too. Loads of fun!
Like I said about this site, "Nice place to be!"

73's
Dave NS8S
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   New Members Please introduce yourself. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMay 16th 2013, 10:40 am

Welcome to the following New Members:

CommConn

jerry pilet

ackaelly

laskhr

Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   New Members Please introduce yourself. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMay 5th 2013, 10:16 am

Welcome, Steve, look in our parts forum for information on that device. Glad to hear of your willingness to help others.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

PostSubject: New member   New Members Please introduce yourself. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMay 4th 2013, 9:06 am

Hi, I am interested in vintage radios from the 40's to the early 60's. I have restored several sets in the past few months that I have enjoyed this hobby. I'm 69 years old and work in the Slot Machine industry in Deadwood, SD. I have a 10 year old daughter who is keeping me healthy and young. I find that there is always something new to learn. I collect vintage cameras and started this radio hobby when a co-worker asked me to fix a GE model 125 for her mom. Then another lady brought in a classic Coca Cola cooler radio, (Majestic), for me to get working. Then I was off to the races looking on etsy, ebay and yard sales for new stuff to solder on. The only parts problems I have run into are IF transformers and the little flat R/C networks with the 3 to 10 leads that are often broken. If I knew what was inside I could make a sub with "REAL" parts. I'll be looking on this forum for answers to my many questions that these classic instruments bring up.
Thanks, Stevehyman
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: New Member   New Members Please introduce yourself. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeApril 18th 2013, 4:55 am

Hi Everyone,

I am from New Kensington which is near Pittsburgh PA. I have been interested in radio all my life. I used to tinker with tube radios when I was a kid in the 60's. Now that I am older I am getting back into collecting and repairing old radios. My collector interest in Westinghouse radios and radios with the Conelrad (CD) markings both tube and transistor. Just setting up my workbench now. I look forward to participating in the forum. Thanks
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   New Members Please introduce yourself. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2013, 8:10 am

There was an Employee in our Shop that came in and acquired a lot of Equipment for the Mars station and installed it in a 5th floor storage area, but I never got involved with the installation. It was separate from our Shops Ship to Shore installation. Our S to S Call was Aquit 6

As For the Mars station we had racks of new equipment, the only thing about it I remember was a lot of Collins radios. Our Shop was on the 4th and 5th floors of the old Machine Shop. It was corrugated Metal, painted BLACK and during the summers it was extremely Hot inside the building. This is just about the same time that Ships and Carriers were being refitted with Air conditioning. Some of the radio rooms on ships were unbearably Hot during summer.
I couldn't spend all my time in the station so we set up a remote Speaker with a push to talk hand set for operation from my work bench. Then scurry into the station to do relays and frequency checks, phone patches etc. Teletype messages and such. That's where I learned how to operate a radio station and all the ropes of proto call.

Most of the time we operated on sideband for traffic. Some local UHF. We had a sister station in Seal Beach that Also ran a Radar Station for tests, and I went there about once every two weeks.

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   New Members Please introduce yourself. - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Members Please introduce yourself.
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next