ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  FAQFAQ  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  
CAUTION!!! When New Members post and leave a link to click on It may be Malicious so DONT, until they have posted a lot of times.

Another Paint Shaker Hack

Go down 
AuthorMessage
FrankB
FrankB

Another Paint Shaker Hack Empty
PostSubject: Another Paint Shaker Hack   Another Paint Shaker Hack Icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2019, 11:32 pm

I saw the one device that attaches to your recip. saw and its way cool, but then the other day I saw a tip on attaching the spray can to your vibrating sander with 2 long hose clamps.
Turn it on & rin for 3-4 minutes.
 Easy, and I suspect in a pinch, duct tape would work fine too.
Back to top Go down
Dan Walker
Junior Member 50+ Posts
Junior Member 50+ Posts

Another Paint Shaker Hack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Paint Shaker Hack   Another Paint Shaker Hack Icon_minitimeApril 4th 2019, 8:20 am

Frank, I have been using that method for quite some time.
  The reason I don't shake the cans by hand is that the guys at the paint store where I get my Mohawk
toner tell me that you can't get it mixed good enough by hand.
     I use rattle cans for the toner and they must be mixed very well.  The paint store guys tell me that it is fine to shake the final coats of lacquer  by hand, because there is no toner to mix
 I got tired of driving to the paint store every two days just to get them to shake up the cans.
 If you shake up the can and don't use it for a couple of days, you have to re shake it.
 I tried this method using snap ties and it works very well.
   Dan in Calgary
Back to top Go down

Another Paint Shaker Hack
Page 1 of 1