ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

I keep getting these Rogers radios

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dan Walker
Senior Member 75+ Posts
Senior Member 75+ Posts

I keep getting these Rogers radios Empty
PostSubject: Re: I keep getting these Rogers radios   I keep getting these Rogers radios I_icon_minitimeJune 4th 2020, 6:38 am

I now have the radio done But i need to put the chassis in.
Dan in Calgary

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Dan Walker
Senior Member 75+ Posts
Senior Member 75+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: I keep getting these Rogers radios   I keep getting these Rogers radios I_icon_minitimeMay 19th 2020, 6:34 am

Her are some photos showing the cabinet stripped and stained.
 The legs were not attached very good so I took them off to strip and refinish them. I did find it was a lot easier that way.
 Dan in Calgary

Back to top Go down
Dan Walker
Senior Member 75+ Posts
Senior Member 75+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: I keep getting these Rogers radios   I keep getting these Rogers radios I_icon_minitimeMay 19th 2020, 6:33 am

Her are some photos showing the cabinet stripped and stained.
 The legs were not attached very good so I took them off to strip and refinish them. I did find it was a lot easier that way.
 Dan in Calgary

Back to top Go down
Dan Walker
Senior Member 75+ Posts
Senior Member 75+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: I keep getting these Rogers radios   I keep getting these Rogers radios I_icon_minitimeMay 19th 2020, 6:25 am

I put a new top on with matched veneer, and I have the cabinet stripped, stained and toned.
 Since I can only put three photos on  in one post I will have to put more photos on in another post
Back to top Go down
FrankB
FrankB

PostSubject: Re: I keep getting these Rogers radios   I keep getting these Rogers radios I_icon_minitimeSeptember 30th 2019, 10:18 pm

I used to listen to CKLG there all the time as a kid.
 Folks had a house on a hill and basically a straight shot to Calgary .
Back to top Go down
Dan Walker
Senior Member 75+ Posts
Senior Member 75+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: I keep getting these Rogers radios   I keep getting these Rogers radios I_icon_minitimeSeptember 29th 2019, 9:50 am

Thanks Frank.. I don't think I paid too much, because I know what the cabinet will look like after I get done with it.
 This radio has only three bands  BC, short wave and police.
  Some of the Higher end Rogers like the 10-12 and the Buckingham have one extra band.
 The radio works very well.
 Dan in Calgary
Back to top Go down
FrankB
FrankB

PostSubject: Re: I keep getting these Rogers radios   I keep getting these Rogers radios I_icon_minitimeSeptember 28th 2019, 8:11 pm

Dan,
Rogers tubes are pretty scarce here in my area. I think I have 1-2 in my box collection.
 Yeah, thay make a really good set.
What you paid is not too far out of line, esp if it is CA dollars.
Since it has a slide rule dial , I would guess it's about 1932-37 vintage. Am I correct?
Love the feet on that cabinet. those legs won't fall off easily!
Back to top Go down
Rod Clay
Technician
Technician
Rod Clay

PostSubject: Re: I keep getting these Rogers radios   I keep getting these Rogers radios I_icon_minitimeSeptember 27th 2019, 12:41 am

No wonder you like Rogers. Looks like a quality built radio communications receiver chassis to me. Collins, Breting and Patterson come to mind. I do see some interesting Rogers tubes for sale from time to time (on eBay).

73, Rod
Back to top Go down
Dan Walker
Senior Member 75+ Posts
Senior Member 75+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: I keep getting these Rogers radios   I keep getting these Rogers radios I_icon_minitimeSeptember 25th 2019, 8:00 pm

Here are some more photos of the Rogers 10-85

Back to top Go down
Dan Walker
Senior Member 75+ Posts
Senior Member 75+ Posts

PostSubject: I keep getting these Rogers radios   I keep getting these Rogers radios I_icon_minitimeSeptember 25th 2019, 7:54 pm

This is a Rogers 10-85 I picked up for $75.00
 I know most of you guys in the United states will think ''I would not pay that much for a radio that looks like that''.
  I look at it this way:   it is a Rogers, which are very good radios, with very nice wood,  and after I get done with the cabinet next spring , it will look a little different.
As you can see it will need matched veneer on top,which I have never done before.
 It was going to be a winter project, but the same as most of you , I could not wait to open it up.
     [Just like Christmas]
 Somebody else had been in there and messed up a few things, in fact quite a few things.
  I finally got it recapped and it sounds great.
   It has three bands and 8 tubes.
             Since I grab every Rogers tube I can get , I filled it with Rogers tubes except the output 6F6 tubes, but they are metal, so they look good.
 I still can't post more than 3 photos in a post , so I will have to  post again with more photos.
 Dan in Calgary

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I keep getting these Rogers radios   I keep getting these Rogers radios I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I keep getting these Rogers radios
Page 1 of 1