ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

Some Hand Tools of use

Go down 
AuthorMessage
FrankB
FrankB

Some Hand Tools of use Empty
PostSubject: Some Hand Tools of use   Some Hand Tools of use I_icon_minitimeOctober 27th 2019, 11:28 am

I went to some bead stores with a friend yesterday, and found some really useful tools used for beading, which would be quite handy for electronics, and reasonably priced.
 2 different pairs of very fine tipped tweezers. One was a locking type. 
Looked great for SMT parts and getting into very tiny spaces.
 The other was a hand "awl" that has 3 different diamond tipped bits for it. The smaller ones are fantastic for reaming out PCB holes. 
 The sales lady demonstrated it by reaming out glass beads! Those holes were extremely tiny and by the time she was done, a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wire would easily pass through the hole.

The last was an odd looking coiled spring tool with plastic ends on it. It looked sort of like a staple puller with a coil compression spring in it.
 Fantastic for holding fine wires for soldering, or tensioning the end of a dial cord.
 It cost me about $25.00 for the entire batch of hand tools.
 I think they will easily pay for themselves.
Back to top Go down

Some Hand Tools of use
Page 1 of 1