ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

How to dump my inventory

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rod Clay
Technician
Technician
Rod Clay

How to dump my inventory Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to dump my inventory   How to dump my inventory I_icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2019, 3:18 pm

When I was selling my old house back in Lynchburg, Virginia and needed to dispose of the bulk of my radio accumulation I turned to an experienced ebay seller that specializes in that sort of thing. There are radio collectors out there doing the same thing. Some are willing to travel long distances to conclude a deal. You could start by putting a list together of what you have and that will help to increase interest. Disclaimer: I didn't get top dollar for my old stuff-far from it but it was a help to me just the same. Good luck.
73, Rod  WB6FBF
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

PostSubject: Re: How to dump my inventory   How to dump my inventory I_icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2019, 1:40 pm

Look for Antique Stores, Ham radio clubs, antique radio clubs. Or just take to a local auction House.
I'm going through the same issues. Good Luck!

Technician
Technician
chas

PostSubject: Re: How to dump my inventory   How to dump my inventory I_icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2019, 4:30 pm

Many auction houses are now taking on collectibles such as radios.

You can flog them on ebay.

You can flip them on Craigs list.

You can sell them through bulletin boards such as this one or Antiques Radio Forum.

You can donate them to a radio museum that has a 501c3 tax number of Goodwill. Take the tax deduction if that can reduce your income. Note you have to value the items, note note, if any one item is values more than 500$ and or the total for quarter donation to that one charity is more than $5K. The items must be appraised. So keep the numbers down and donate  four times a year and to several different charities.

If you fill out your profile such that we know where you are suggestions to donate to local or close to you Antique radio clubs can be made or join the club and make use of their auctions. FWIK most antique radio clubs are not 501c3.

If you have an emotional attachment to the stuff and want it to get into the right hands and not the dumpster then Good will m,ay be an option, yes it will go into the dumpster if they can't flip it...

I don't advise a situation that can leave your collection at the mercy of "cherry pickers". Do your own picking by flogging on ebay, if you can't manage the packing use an ebay sales agent. One who will pickup the item, post it, flip it take a profit and you get the balance. Advantage is it will be the highest value obtainable from millions of potential buyers.

GL

chas
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: How to dump my inventory   How to dump my inventory I_icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2019, 12:27 am

I'm interested in getting some input from y'all about how best to zero out my inventory of old and vintage radios, telephones, other electronics collectables.
I dont want to just give it all away bc its money I'll need to live on long as i can, after i stop working for my income.
What I'm hoping for is your thoughts on what You would do in my shoes... I'm 74, still working as main/only pc and tech support for small company, working 2 days/week, and concerned for my longevity

The meat n potatoes: without a lot of details, I have in my collection over 500 items. Many wooden radios with the big knobs, some goodies from the 40's or so, plastics, a handful with metal cases, a few foreign, bunch zenith black portables, plus bunch phones, crankups, walls, candlesticks, ringer boxes. These are mostly pre 1930, pre 1950, etc.
Now add in 25 or more ham radio set's from 1950's, bunch of test eq also from 30's, 40's, 60's, other weird testing eq, of receivers, wooden ground signal testers, and oh ya, phonos, victrolas, cameras, and who knows what else.

I'd bet I have maybe 20, 5 shelf storage units full. You'd need a big truck.

So, campers, come stick your weinies in the fire and from an opinion or two.
And God Bless ya for your patience with me.
Jeswonderin.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to dump my inventory   How to dump my inventory I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to dump my inventory
Page 1 of 1