ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

somthing called a Fitbit Watch

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MEZLAW
Technician
Technician
MEZLAW

somthing called a Fitbit Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: somthing called a Fitbit Watch   somthing called a Fitbit Watch I_icon_minitimeJanuary 3rd 2020, 12:20 pm

My Fitbit Alta (no longer available)  came with a dongle to plug in the computer USB port.  This was very easy to set up on a Windows 7 PC.   After that there was no dongle included but they would ship you one if you insisted.  Now........they want you to use an "app" on a smart phone! It will NOT  communicate with the PC or the phone unless you are connected to the internet.  They track what you are doing and how well you do it!  They are actually building a file on your every day, every minute, every second of your physical activity!  I'm not fond of Google's lack of privacy and they recent purchase of Fitbit! Maybe I'm a bit paranoid, but I would like to know how much longer before this gets tied to your medical records.

I don't want to express much more, just enough to raise concern about online privacy and still stay away from any political reference!   Smile
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

PostSubject: Re: somthing called a Fitbit Watch   somthing called a Fitbit Watch I_icon_minitimeJanuary 3rd 2020, 10:54 am

My daughter is picking it up Today to Return.

I was over at Walmart looking it that type of watches.
They have a description card next to each watch display.
However they don't state if any of them are Windows 10 compatible. Suspect

I guess I will look online. I cannot believe the prices.

Technician
Technician
MEZLAW

PostSubject: Re: somthing called a Fitbit Watch   somthing called a Fitbit Watch I_icon_minitimeJanuary 3rd 2020, 10:48 am

Any updates on your Fitbit Cliff?  Question
Back to top Go down
MEZLAW
Technician
Technician
MEZLAW

PostSubject: Re: somthing called a Fitbit Watch   somthing called a Fitbit Watch I_icon_minitimeJanuary 1st 2020, 9:36 am

I have the Fitbit Alta for 2 years now.   I did look at the inspire and saw it had terrible reviews which were mostly the same complaint.  I also found out Google has purchased Fitbit.  I don't trust, nor do I need Google tracking my every step.    Over the past 2 years this has helped me to improve my overall health.
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

PostSubject: somthing called a Fitbit Watch   somthing called a Fitbit Watch I_icon_minitimeDecember 25th 2019, 10:39 am

Santa brought this watch to place under my Christmas tree.
It took about 20 minutes to download the software. There wasn't even an instruction pamphlet included scratch 
went to the webpage, I had to do some browsing to find out about how to download both software and users manual.

I got the Fitbit Inspire model. WOW santa 

There are so many apps its unbelievable. steps taken, sleep patterns, time, calories intake with a database of brand foods in an extensive menu. I had 1/2 cup of Dairygold Bulgarian buttermilk.
It let me choose the quantity and displayed nutrients and calories. Amazing! Walking for the unfit person, for the the go-getter, even for the athletic.
Food plans and alarms to remember events such as time to Hydrate. The list just keeps going on.

I think I'm going to benefit to improve my weight and general Health, it will even compile a log to show the Doctor cheers
Crying or Very sad The thing is junk, clock display quit working, after 2 days & it will not bond (I guess that means its not communicating with Bluetooth.)
So I cant reload the software even when the usb charger is used. Tried everything.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

PostSubject: Re: somthing called a Fitbit Watch   somthing called a Fitbit Watch I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

somthing called a Fitbit Watch
Page 1 of 1