ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

Patch panels and Radio Backs

Go down 
AuthorMessage
FrankB
FrankB

Patch panels and Radio Backs Empty
PostSubject: Patch panels and Radio Backs   Patch panels and Radio Backs I_icon_minitimeJanuary 26th 2020, 1:56 am

Need a back for an old radio or TV set?
 The fiberboard used for the backs of many of the old rear projection TV sets can easily be cut and shaped into a back.

I needed to make some patch panels for the bench. Originally I wanted 1/4" Plexiglass, but that was too expensive.
 Since I worked on a lot of TV sets, I had been scrapping out many PCE/Magnavox rear projection TV sets.
 Some of them have a really nice plastic sheet that covers the convergence controls under the speaker cover.

It appears toi be ABS and is quite sturdy, I just drilled and mounted my parts on that.

Oh, and you do need a service mirror from time to time. Well the glass mirrors in most of the Rear Projection sets are great for that too. Those are not a cheap mirror either!
 I actually bought some mirror clips and have been using one in my bathroom for over 15 years now. No distortion. I did change it out once, as I found a larger mirror to mount.
 They can come in at least 2 different thicknesses of glass.
 Some of the sets used a Mylar film mirror, which is not so good. I just toss them.
Back to top Go down

Patch panels and Radio Backs
Page 1 of 1