ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

Loss of vertical sweep in TUBE TV sets.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
FrankB
FrankB

Loss of vertical sweep in TUBE TV sets. Empty
PostSubject: Loss of vertical sweep in TUBE TV sets.   Loss of vertical sweep in TUBE TV sets. I_icon_minitimeMarch 11th 2020, 11:20 pm

1. Be sure the TUBE TYPE set has a power transformer. If not DO NOT TRY THIS!

A quick & dirty trick I used to help troubleshoot tube type, PARALLEL WIRED FILAMENT TV sets with power transformers that had a vertical problem (After subbing the vert. output tube), was to feed the ungrounded side of the 6.3 volt filament into the grid of the vertical output tube. 
 If that stage was OK, and the set developed vertical sweep, then the problem was the drive to the vertical section. It was a fast check, and was pretty accurate too.

It was really helpful doing home service with no scope. Most shops in my area did not have a scope for the home service tech, (or tube changer affraid ) preferring to have the set brought into the shop for further troubleshooting.
Back to top Go down

Loss of vertical sweep in TUBE TV sets.
Page 1 of 1