ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

Delco car radio not working Solid State

Go down 
AuthorMessage
FrankB
FrankB

Delco car radio not working Solid State Empty
PostSubject: Delco car radio not working Solid State   Delco car radio not working Solid State I_icon_minitimeSeptember 5th 2020, 12:04 pm

Problem: General Motors- (Delco, Chev, GMC, etc.) radio not working in vehicle. Customer replaced or tested all the radio fuses in the power block. Radio brought in to shop & a service tag written up.

NOTE: My personal experience was on the  90's thru 2010's era radios that had this problem.

I ran into this problem more than I had real radio problems.

Radio works PERFECTLY on bench.
Customer re-installs, still doesn't work.
 Customer pixxed he paid check out fee, & radio still doesn't work.

I then always asked the customers "Did you check all the fuses?" The reply was always "Yes".
 Then I would ask the question "How about the one in the inline holder in back of the radio?"
Answer was always 'What fuse?, I didn't see one".  They would look closer and bingo! Open!

FIX: In their "wisdom of design" GM decided to HIDE a fuse in a holder IN BACK of the radio in the dash area.
It is in an inline holder. It is open. replace & radio works fine.

Over the years I suspect it's failure was a combination of heat and vibration. I never found a radio with this fuse that was open actually bad. IIRC it might have fed the display, but I am having to remember back 15 years or so.
Back to top Go down

Delco car radio not working Solid State
Page 1 of 1